Sean Tucker Oracle Airshow

Old July 18th 05, 06:15 AM
Happy Dog

"Dave Stadt"
"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in

A Stearman with a 220 mill hanging on the nose is indeed a heavy steed to

be
handling at low altitude acrobatically, but if flown correctly, an energy
management acro program in a Stearman is not all that hard to fly. You
simply compensate for the lack of power by trading off the energy
equation
between airspeed and g. Generally it's a loose program, but it's not that
difficult to fly.

Dudley Henriques

We all have our opinions and I don't see any comparison between the two
extremes. One extreme shows piloting skill and the other makes lotsa
noise
and impresses the general public.

Wrong. Your opinion is not based on the facts. Do you have any evidence to
back your claim?

That's what they do for a living which is
fine but it doesn't mean I have to like it or be impressed by it.

Or understand it. Which you don't. That you dislike it is irrelevant.

moo

Old July 18th 05, 07:46 PM
john smith

Jay Honeck wrote:
John, when you snip posts, please be more careful.
I did NOT write the paragraph, above, even though you have attributed it to
me inadvertently.

Sorry Jay. It should have been attributed to Dave Stadt.
Old July 19th 05, 12:00 AM
Dave Stadt

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I suggest you look up 'opinion' before you spout.

That's what they do for a living which is
fine but it doesn't mean I have to like it or be impressed by it.

Or understand it. Which you don't. That you dislike it is irrelevant.

It is very relevent to me and others with the same opinion, of which there
are many by the way. Just like your opinion is releveant to you and others
which might agree with you.

Old July 19th 05, 01:23 AM
Morgans

"Dave Stadt" wrote

Or understand it. Which you don't. That you dislike it is irrelevant.

It is very relevent to me and others with the same opinion, of which there
are many by the way. Just like your opinion is releveant to you and

others
which might agree with you.

It is irrelevant, from the view that an opinion does not have to be agreed
with, in order to value its right to be expressed.

That is one of the big ways that civilized countries differ from all the
rest.

Agree to disagree. Simple.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 19th 05, 02:13 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Dave Stadt" wrote

Or understand it. Which you don't. That you dislike it is irrelevant.

It is very relevent to me and others with the same opinion, of which
there
are many by the way. Just like your opinion is releveant to you and

others
which might agree with you.

It is irrelevant, from the view that an opinion does not have to be
agreed
with, in order to value its right to be expressed.

That is one of the big ways that civilized countries differ from all the
rest.

Agree to disagree. Simple.
--
Jim in NC

Not quite! There are many of those outside the demonstration community who
are free to offer any opinion they like, and do so on many
occasions.Generally it's acceptable to us in the community, but when someone
outside the community feels qualified to make an actual negative assessment
on the general ability of a pilot who flies professionally in the
demonstration community; we in that community feel it's acceptable to point
out that these "opinions" come from the peanut gallery :-)
These people are more than free to spout off about what they like and what
they don't like as they wish, and as is their right to do so. But when
somebody starts saying things like;

" Tucker and all the others would be lost if they had to fly with
finesse
instead of with horse power.

well........we kind of take a sort of ,shall we say, "displeasure" with this
kind of remark coming from the "gallery". In fact, a non demonstration type
saying this kind of thing in the wrong place could easily lose the person
saying it a few teeth instead of just a calling out on Usenet!
This guy went one bridge too far with his remarks. He passed "opinion" and
started stating factual judgment for which he has no background and as such
has no right to make unchallenged.
Other than this, he can spout off all he wants to. This guy's opinion on a
flight profile's difficulty or ease isn't the issue here, it's his totally
negative assessment statement on a specific pilot's ability that the poster
couldn't on the best flying day of his life even hope to equal.
In my opinion anyway, I find this offensive and unacceptable; and I've so
stated that here.
Dudley Henriques

Old July 19th 05, 06:35 AM
Morgans

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote

This guy's opinion on a
flight profile's difficulty or ease isn't the issue here, it's his totally
negative assessment statement on a specific pilot's ability that the

poster
couldn't on the best flying day of his life even hope to equal.
In my opinion anyway, I find this offensive and unacceptable; and I've so
stated that here.
Dudley Henriques

Agreed. I must not have done a careful enough read of the issues involved.
I'm not in the demonstration community, and even I considered his opinion
off base, but oh well- what yu gunna du!
--
Jim in NC

Old July 19th 05, 08:20 AM
Happy Dog

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
[...]

Get stuffed. My English comprehension is just fine. Your opinion is
incorrect. This has been explained to you by experts in the field you are
attempting to pass judgement on with your opinions. You should be thankful
for the free education you've been receiving here. But you aren't. So
let's see if you're educable. Learn what's involved in the low level pass
Tucker does that looks a bit like a knife edge. Assess the diffficulty and
get back to us.

That's what they do for a living which is
fine but it doesn't mean I have to like it or be impressed by it.

Or understand it. Which you don't. That you dislike it is irrelevant.

It is very relevent to me

Nobody cares. Get used to it.

and others with the same opinion, of which there
are many by the way.

No paucity of uneducated opinions.

moo

Old July 19th 05, 02:04 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote

This guy's opinion on a
flight profile's difficulty or ease isn't the issue here, it's his
totally
negative assessment statement on a specific pilot's ability that the

poster
couldn't on the best flying day of his life even hope to equal.
In my opinion anyway, I find this offensive and unacceptable; and I've so
stated that here.
Dudley Henriques

Agreed. I must not have done a careful enough read of the issues
involved.
I'm not in the demonstration community, and even I considered his opinion
off base, but oh well- what yu gunna du!
--
Jim in NC

Most of the people who comment on the shows and the pilots are good folks.
This goes as well for the pilots outside the community ....actually
especially the pilots. Most are content to allow us the fact if nothing else
we operate in an extremely dangerous environment that requires specific
skills and capabilities.
Then there are the other
people............................................ ..... :-)
Dudley

Old July 19th 05, 02:07 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in message

Most of the people who comment on the shows and the pilots are good folks.
This goes as well for the pilots outside the community ....actually
especially the pilots. Most are content to allow us the fact if nothing

else
we operate in an extremely dangerous environment that requires specific
skills and capabilities.

Like race car drivers. They do much the same things that every day people do
but under very different conditions and situations.

Then there are the other

....with superficial and fragile egos...

Thanks, Dudley!