Wow, C150 = Time Saver = Awesome 3 Days.

Old June 26th 05, 02:55 AM
NW_PILOT

Default Wow, C150 = Time Saver = Awesome 3 Days.

Most off of you know that I am from the pacific NW well I took a short job
in Yakima, WA well it's like a 4 hour one way drive from Vancouver, WA I did
it in just about 1.5 hour's in my C150. I was able to come home the same day
and not be tired and saved money on gas to boot! was able to get some rest
and did it again total of 3 times this week My performance on the job was a
hell of a lot better!

1 I had the rush of just flying and 2 I was not tired from a 4 hour drive
and 3, was not dreading a 4 hour drive back home. Found the Perfect way to
use my little 150 and My Instrument Rating. Makes that Little word
"Commuter" on the cowling mean somthing hehehehehe,

--
Steven Rhine
PP-ASEL-IA

Old June 26th 05, 04:12 PM
Gene Seibel

Love it when that happens.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html

Old June 26th 05, 04:17 PM
Flyingmonk

All you people with your own birds make me jealous! Just kidding, that
is so cool to be able to do that huh?

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old June 27th 05, 06:00 PM
S.

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
Most off of you know that I am from the pacific NW well I took a short job
in Yakima, WA well it's like a 4 hour one way drive from Vancouver, WA I
did
it in just about 1.5 hour's in my C150. I was able to come home the same
day
and not be tired and saved money on gas to boot! was able to get some rest
and did it again total of 3 times this week My performance on the job was
hell of a lot better!

1 I had the rush of just flying and 2 I was not tired from a 4 hour drive
and 3, was not dreading a 4 hour drive back home. Found the Perfect way to
use my little 150 and My Instrument Rating. Makes that Little word
"Commuter" on the cowling mean somthing hehehehehe,

Let's see if I've got this straight :-

- Live in Pacific northwest
- Got a job
- A pilot
- Own kite
- Use it for commuting
- Building hours
- Having a nice old time.

Sheesh. I'm glad it's happening to *somebody*..........kudos, fella ;-o !!!

S.

Old June 27th 05, 07:42 PM
Peter R.

NW_PILOT wrote:

Found the Perfect way to
use my little 150 and My Instrument Rating. Makes that Little word
"Commuter" on the cowling mean somthing hehehehehe,

Do any barrel rolls along the way? ;-)

--
Peter

Old June 28th 05, 09:24 AM
NW_PILOT

"Peter R." wrote in message
oups.com...
NW_PILOT wrote:

Found the Perfect way to
use my little 150 and My Instrument Rating. Makes that Little word
"Commuter" on the cowling mean somthing hehehehehe,

Do any barrel rolls along the way? ;-)

--
Peter

Nope, My airplane is not certificated for doing rolls if business starts
improving I may be able to afford one that is certified to, but I think I
may end up getting a Piper Seneca would be more fun with the second engine
and longer range.

Old June 28th 05, 02:16 PM

Hi Steve,

Thats cool.
Just a question or two.
How do you make those times?

My plane has a about the same speed as a C150.
If I compare a 4 hr drive I need a least about 3 hrs to do the same
journey by plane if the clock starts ticking the moment I close the
door behind me.
The airport is just 10 min. away, pre-flight the plane etc. 30 min.,
1.5 hrs for the flight, 20 min. after I'm landed and then I'm only at
another airport.
And that is probably not my final destination, so I need a taxi for the
last leg.

How do you manage it?

-Kees.

Old June 28th 05, 03:17 PM
Greg Farris

Sounds like fun!
I was recently (two weeks ago) on an engineering job outside of Paris France
(180nm SW of Paris). My programmer was arriving from Los Angeles on Friday
morning, and we had to get him to the site in time to meet with the
contractors before they all took off for the weekend. I could drive up to get
him, but as you say this would have been 4 hours each way - tiring to the
point of being dangerous, and not exactly optimal use of my time. Train
schedules were not cooperating, despite the excellent trains in Europe, they
are not perfect to all destinations at all times.

Weather was great though, and there was an airport a couple miles away, with
a flying club where I was able to rent a 172. Did a checkride the night
before, then launched in the morning, had a stunning tour of the French
countryside and had my guy on site before lunch! And the total cost of the
operation was not that much more than the train, that would have had him
there at 5PM.

Everyone was thrilled with the "usefullness" of the small plane that saved
the day - but in truth we sort of hit everything "on the numbers". The trip
was just long enough to be useful, but short enough to be practical. Weather
was fine - couldn't have planned this ahead of time under VFR, Other
transportation means were not coming through - and of course my car was
already there, so we weren't stranded upon landing.

The only "imperfect" element was that in Europe you cannot fly into large,
ommercial airports - at any cost. Charles de Gaulle is strictly off limits to
GA, so I had to get the guy to taxi to a small airport, which cost him some
time and money - but he was more than glad for the sightseeing tour. He only
saved 2.5 hours, compared to me driving him, but for me it was three hours of
relaxing flight, compared with eight hours of stressful driving.

G Faris

Old June 28th 05, 05:01 PM
NW_PILOT

It's called mountain Ranges!!! C150 goes over them Car goes around them look
it up map quest it!

oups.com...