Shameless request for help

Old February 21st 04, 04:24 AM
Charles Thaeler

Default Shameless request for help

Hi fellow glider guiders,

Some of you know me most of you don't but I posting today for a good cause.

I am training to participate in a Cycling Century (100 mile bicycle ride)
as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TnT).
All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia,
lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.

On June 6th I will participate in a century bicycle ride around Lake Tahoe
in honor of all individuals who are battling leukemia. These people are the
real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate
finish line - the final cures! Please make a donation to support my
participation in Team In Training and help advance the Society's mission.

Why AM I doing this? The short answer is my healthy 8 month-old son Mitch.
Leukemia is the number one killer of children. Tamami, Mitch and I are
lucky
but there are a lot of other kids that aren't. These kids with blood
related
cancers need our help. The other half of the answer to why am I doing this
is a selfish one. I have always carried a few (or more than a few) extra
pounds and it had gotten to the point that my doctor had recommended that I
"get a bike". I decided to take his recommendation to heart but I know
myself
well enough to know that alone, chances of my keeping up a training schedule
were slight even if it would improve CG too. With that selfish thought in
mind I started to look around for help. Enter Mike Burke, a friend and a
long time Team In Training participant. He told me about TnT, what a great
cause it is (75% of every dollar goes directly to research, an
extraordinarily
good ratio) and how they geared their programs to beginners as well as
seasoned
veterans. So there it was, a chance to do something for myself and at the
same
time contribute to an extremely worthy cause.

I hope you'll visit my TnT web site:
http://www.teamintraining.org/partic...thaeler-166693
and contribute (remember it's tax deductible). If you don't feel
comfortable
contributing online please email me and I can provide a more traditional
method.
My goal is $5000 and with your help I'll be able to reach it. If possible
please
make your contribution by the 10th of March. If you use the web you get a
receipt
immediately. You can also see how my training and fundraising efforts are
going
as well as find links to more information about the Leukemia & Lymphoma
Society.

Thanks,
Charlie Thaeler
LS-3A "7H"