How accurate was B-26 bombing?

Old February 29th 04, 06:20 PM
Tarver Engineering

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: How accurate was B-26 bombing?

"Stay on the bomb run boys, I'm gonna get those bomb doors open if it
harelips
everyone on Bear Creek"

I'm presenting photographic evidence. Whay are you presenting? Anything?

Our falcon missiles won shooting competitions every year, but in practice
they did not measure up.

Buffdriver's credibility was vouched for by Mary Shafer, who was at the time
posting over a fraudulent signature file.

You know I am your friend Art, no matter how badly you troll these boys up.

My daddy needed that .50 at Bastogne.

Old February 29th 04, 07:49 PM
Tarver Engineering

From: "Tarver Engineering"
Date: 2/29/04 10:02 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: Jack

Date: 2/28/04 6:43 PM Pacific Standard Time
On 2/28/04 12:25 PM, in article
, "ArtKramr"

wrote:

The Bridge at Verberie is an example of putting a bomb in a pickle

barrel
from 10,000 feet.

Was that ONE bomb, Art, in that "pickle barrel", or did a flight of

several
aircraft string them out a little? In another post you told us how

easy
it
was from tem thousand feet -- "point blank" you said. Don't tell me

they
gave out any medals for the Bridge at Verberie: it would have been
unsportsmanlike to accept one if that was true.

Nope. No medals.

Did you ever get a purple heart for a band aid scratch like John Kerry?

He got three Purple Hearts and a Silver Star and you never got a damn

thing or
fired a shot in anger or ever saw the enemy. Right phony?

Once my brother was out with 1st Air Cav team as radioman and fell asleep
before they got to the jump site. The rotary wing had begun to roll so the
one of the othe seargents gave him a lift push. His AR went barrel first
into the ground and landed head first on the rifle butt, but he doesn't have
a purple heart.

John Kerry spent less than four months in Vietnam and may be a war criminal.

Old February 29th 04, 08:10 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Tarver Engineering"
Date: 2/29/04 11:49 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: "Tarver Engineering"

Date: 2/29/04 10:02 AM Pacific Standard Time

From: Jack

Date: 2/28/04 6:43 PM Pacific Standard Time
On 2/28/04 12:25 PM, in article
, "ArtKramr"

wrote:

[...]

The war criminal is in Washington DC and he never spent a day in Nam.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old February 29th 04, 10:04 PM
Bob's Your Uncle

Ask Max Cleland!

They don't give purple hearts for stupidity or clumsiness.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old February 29th 04, 10:13 PM
BUFDRVR

Can we see some of your strike photos?

Sure old man.

To be fair, these two are actually the result of two 2-ships, but my formation
hit it first.

Befo http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/990526-O-9999M-003.jpg

After:
http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/990526-O-9999M-004.jpg

This mission was very interesting...to say the least:
http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/b990514i.jpg

The rest of my strikes to make "news" were JDAM strikes. The one thing you will
notice is that mil dispersion pretty much ensures a few of your weapons are
going to miss by a good distance, despite what you say. If you look at the
Batajanica images, we threw a few M-117s out "in the weeds". We had
anticiapated this because some of the weapons were in pretty bad shape. Unlike
you, we realized that sending a loader back to get us some new weapons would
have interfered with the "hustle & bustle" of flightline ops, so we pressed on.

The runway was shutdown for the remainder of the conflict, although Eagle
pilots flying around probably aided in shutting down flight ops there as much
as our weapons did.

Were you trying to make a point with your question?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old February 29th 04, 10:31 PM
ArtKramr

From: (BUFDRVR)
Date: 2/29/04 2:13 PM Pacific Standard Time

[...]

YTHe point I was triyng to make was that we flew misison swith dumb bimbs that
were sometimes as accurate as mision flown today with smart bombs. I showed
youy the strike photos and you still say it never happened. Your hits look good
and as you say you are getting a very large dispersion, How many planes in how
tight a formation? Looks a bit loose. What was the intervelometer interval? We
tucked in wingtip to wing tip on the run. See the Wurzburg hits. Also see
"FLAK" and "ONE WENT DOWN" to gewt an idea what things were like in the air
while we were on our bomb runs. One more thing. I note that there was a hole in
the bomb pattern that left one bullding standing Someone out of formation or a
delay in a release?
Thanks for posting the hits. I love looking at strike photos and live for tight
patterns. Got any more? Post some more and I won't call you names anymore.
(grin)