Help search for Steve Fossett

Old September 13th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Help search for Steve Fossett

Stewart,

I wonder if that witness actually saw my plane. I flew through Sunrise Pass
at about 2:30 PM on the day Steve went missing. My Husky has blue body and
wing tips, white wings. Would be easy to mistake for the plane Steve was
flying.

bumper

"Stewart Kissel" wrote in
message ...
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...912/NEWS18/709
12017/1038/MVN

Interesting item...14 minutes old. Wonder if it is
a hoax or actual observation? Flying into rising terrain
in a box canyon at high altitude, one might attempt
a manuever as described to do the 180?

Old September 13th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ro

bumper schreef:
Stewart,

I wonder if that witness actually saw my plane. I flew through Sunrise Pass
at about 2:30 PM on the day Steve went missing. My Husky has blue body and
wing tips, white wings. Would be easy to mistake for the plane Steve was
flying.

bumper

Did you report this to the search-team?

The number (910) 396-0704 and when the tone comes, dial 4719.
Old September 13th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

I didn't call them, but I did call CAP at Minden, where they are
coordinating the search (at least the non-Flying M Ranch part) and told
them.

bumper

"Ro" wrote in message
ll.nl...

Old September 14th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

I just finished my 1000th HIT. I marked a few smudges, anomalies, and
a couple of maybe burn scars. But no smoking guns so far.

These tips can speed up the mechanics of doing HITs and leave you more
time for photo analysis:

* A mouse with a wheel between the buttons comes in real handy for
scrolling down to where the yes/no radio buttons are.

* No need to scroll back up to the Submit HIT/Return HIT buttons.
Pressing Enter on your keyboard submits the HIT.

* The system gives you the wavy-letters test every fifty HITs or so to
make sure you're not a 'bot or script. Click "Automatically accept the
next HIT" every time this happens.

* If you use Google Earth to double-check anomalies, make sure you
check the .kml file specified in the HIT. So far we've got at least
two different .kml files in play, and maybe more.

Keep chugging, these HITs aren't going to do themselves.

Thanks, Bob K.

Old September 20th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

I see that they now have fresh satellite images of the search area in
the following .kml file:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/Fossett-GE-3...ye_3/index.kml

The new images are a three-pass swath of the eastern edge of the
Sierra, including parts of Ebbett's Pass (Highway 4) and Sonora Pass
(Highway 108). These areas include some heavily timbered areas - the
sort of places that can easily conceal airplane wreckage.

Thanks, Bob K.

Old September 21st 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
P Ilatus

GE findings can be entered in this webpage: http://www.violentski
es.com/search-for-steve-fossett/index.html

on submitting two sightings today, i refreshed the
coordinates entry page after a few minutes and saw
that someone had checked the location i entered and
posted a comment.

At 19:36 20 September 2007, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
I see that they now have fresh satellite images of
the search area in
the following .kml file:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/Fossett-GE-3...ye_3/index.kml

The new images are a three-pass swath of the eastern
edge of the
Sierra, including parts of Ebbett's Pass (Highway 4)
and Sonora Pass
(Highway 108). These areas include some heavily timbered
areas - the
sort of places that can easily conceal airplane wreckage.

Thanks, Bob K.

Steve Fossett search Don Pyeatt Aviation Photos 9 September 11th 07 06:16 PM
Steve Fossett NoneYa Piloting 32 September 11th 07 02:45 AM
Steve Fossett Brian Milner Soaring 3 September 8th 07 08:26 AM
Steve Fossett [email protected] Owning 15 September 7th 07 08:45 PM