Partial Panel flying, was ( Info on LAK-12)

Old August 21st 14, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Partial Panel flying, was ( Info on LAK-12)

Guy, in my Lak 12 the pilot must scan the ASI as at exactly 40kts you move flaps slowly but definitely from -2 to +1. You quickly get to know when that time has come, but you must look. The only possible criticism could be that on the DI the PIC did not do a visual check of the ASI whilst someone blew into the pitot. The Lak 12 is a lovely, rugged, strong aircraft in every respect, and with the long wings and low tailplane it is a real looker. It is a joy to fly, climbs like a witch and flies a hell of a long way between thermals. Landing is easy and flaps are powerful. Brakes are okay. Price is great. Show me the perfect glider! If the questioner wants to correspond further contact me at .

Chris Hamilton