C. 130 ID

Old May 9th 10, 11:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

Default C. 130 ID

Snapped this scruffy looking C.130 last Tueday, 4th May, on an east bound
heading over the Norfolk/Suffolk border. I'm not too good at guessing
heights but reckon it could have been at around 5/6000ft. While we get USAF
C.130's inbound to Mildenhall from the east, outbound traffic is rarely if
ever seen. The attached snap taken on a Fuji S.100FS is an enlargement of
the original image. There seems to be no discernable markings except perhaps
those on the leading edge of the starboard wing tip which, due to distance,
can not be resolved. Anybody have any idea who this kite might belong to ?
~~
Dingo

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	42587
Old May 10th 10, 12:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Dingo" wrote in message

Snapped this scruffy looking C.130 last Tueday, 4th May, on an east bound
heading over the Norfolk/Suffolk border. I'm not too good at guessing
heights but reckon it could have been at around 5/6000ft. While we get
USAF
C.130's inbound to Mildenhall from the east, outbound traffic is rarely if
ever seen. The attached snap taken on a Fuji S.100FS is an enlargement of
the original image. There seems to be no discernable markings except
perhaps
those on the leading edge of the starboard wing tip which, due to
distance,
can not be resolved. Anybody have any idea who this kite might belong to
?
~~
Dingo

It looks like it's halfway through a scrape 'n paint - possibly with a
deeper level service, while she's up on blocks.

The location is about 30 minutes away from Marshalls of Cambridge as well.
According to airliners.net, there was still at least one short-nosed C-130K
left flying in 2005. This one looks like it's sans probe too.

The dark band around the fuselage is where the insert goes to make it
longer. Hmmm, my vote is for a RAF Hercules C1

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old May 11th 10, 10:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
"Dingo" wrote in message

[...]

Thanx, Dave, I reckon you got it. Did wonder if it was part way thru a paint
job but hadn't thought about the lengthening. Also hadn't thought about
Marshalls.
~~
Cheers,

Dingo ;~)