Nolinor Prop Job...

Old October 12th 10, 01:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

Default Nolinor Prop Job...

?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA118871.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	45039
Old October 12th 10, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_4_]

On 12/10/2010 11:31 AM, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

That thing must be as noisey as all hell.
Old October 12th 10, 04:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

?
"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
.com...
On 12/10/2010 11:31 AM, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

That thing must be as noisey as all hell.

The aircraft was fairly quiet as it was gliding in for a landing but it was
smoking quite a bit. They do emit quite a loud shriek when the engines are
at full power and the aircraft is taking off.

N.

Old October 12th 10, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

On 12/10/2010 01:31, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolinor_Aviation

A Convair 580. Bit of a chunky baby, that one.

--
Moving things in still pictures

Old October 12th 10, 11:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

?
"®i©ardo" wrote in message
On 12/10/2010 01:31, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolinor_Aviation

A Convair 580. Bit of a chunky baby, that one.

--
Moving things in still pictures

You are correct Sir! :-)

My first flight was as a wide eyed kid in a Convair 440.

N.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	108-convair440.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	45047
Old October 13th 10, 09:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

On 12/10/2010 23:44, Canuck wrote:
?
"®i©ardo" wrote in message
On 12/10/2010 01:31, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolinor_Aviation

A Convair 580. Bit of a chunky baby, that one.

--
Moving things in still pictures

You are correct Sir! :-)

My first flight was as a wide eyed kid in a Convair 440.

N.

Ah, the joys of youth, eh?

--
Moving things in still pictures

Old October 13th 10, 03:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

Default First Flights....

?
"®i©ardo" wrote in message
On 12/10/2010 01:31, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolinor_Aviation

A Convair 580. Bit of a chunky baby, that one.

--
Moving things in still pictures

You are correct Sir! :-)

My first flight was as a wide eyed kid in a Convair 440.

N.

Ah, the joys of youth, eh?

You bet. I was only 4 or so at the time and this was my first flight so it
was quite a treat. I think everyone remembers their first flight best
because it is the first.

Care to share your first flight experience and what you remember?

Nick

Old October 13th 10, 06:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aaviso

"Canuck" wrote in message
?
"®i©ardo" wrote in message
On 12/10/2010 01:31, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolinor_Aviation

A Convair 580. Bit of a chunky baby, that one.

--
Moving things in still pictures

You are correct Sir! :-)

My first flight was as a wide eyed kid in a Convair 440.

N.

Ah, the joys of youth, eh?

You bet. I was only 4 or so at the time and this was my first flight so it
was quite a treat. I think everyone remembers their first flight best
because it is the first.

Care to share your first flight experience and what you remember?

Nick

My first flight was as a eight or nine year old lad. It was in an Auster
from the beach at Cleethorpes. I was impressed to see the horizon appear to
tilt as the plane banked and to see Grimsby docks as we flew over the Humber
estuary. Five bob well spent, in my opinion.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill

Old October 13th 10, 07:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

On 13/10/2010 15:44, Canuck wrote:
?
"®i©ardo" wrote in message
On 12/10/2010 01:31, Canuck wrote:
?....I think this is a Convair of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolinor_Aviation

A Convair 580. Bit of a chunky baby, that one.

--
Moving things in still pictures

You are correct Sir! :-)

My first flight was as a wide eyed kid in a Convair 440.

N.

Ah, the joys of youth, eh?

You bet. I was only 4 or so at the time and this was my first flight so
it was quite a treat. I think everyone remembers their first flight best
because it is the first.

Care to share your first flight experience and what you remember?

Nick

Well, I started later as my first ever aircraft flight was, at the age
of 19, from an RAF Handley Page Hastings, whilst on my Army parachute
training course. That was on 23 April 1964 at 7.30 in the evening. The
one thing I didn't do was actually make a landing in that aircraft as,
en route and with a load of other guys, they pushed us out the door!
That flight was a bit of a blur with just an overwhelming sense of
relief that I had survived.

The next I made THREE such flights, two of which were from Hastings, at
6.30 and 10.30am, and the third was from a Beverley at 4pm.

On the second drop that day I got the "privileged" position of "Number
1" in the stick, i.e. I was the first man out of the door. You stood
with one foot on the door sill and one hand flat on the outside of the
aircraft, ready to launch yourself out when the green light came on and
the dispatcher tapped you on the shoulder. Some wag, with rather more
experience than I, had said to me that if I ever got Number 1 in a
Hastings it was worth taking a look at the tailplane, whilst waiting for
the "go". I did take a look and nearly decided at that moment that I had
made the wrong choice with regard to occupation: that tailplane was,
more or less, level with my midriff!

Whilst doing a sudden deep reassessment of my career prospects the light
changed from red to green and I was in flight. Miracle of miracles, the
slipstream actually throws you under the tailplane into the relative
safety of the open sky.

Quite a tiring couple of days and rather a lot of beer was sunk on those
April evenings!

--
Moving things in still pictures

FastStone - Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing - For Free!

www.FastStone.org

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000 Duxford a.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	45049  Click image for larger version

Name:	Hastings Exit.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	45050
Old October 13th 10, 11:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

?
"Indrek Aaviso" wrote in message "®i©ardo"
wrote in message

Thanks for sharing your experiences! They sound like a lot of fun although I
don't think you could get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!

N.

Right prop, wrong prop? Wood prop, metal prop? Gus Rasch Aerobatics 1 February 14th 08 10:18 PM
static prop hub for T-6 prop ralph peterson Aviation Marketplace 0 January 25th 04 04:06 AM
Hydraulic CS prop converting to Adjustable prop? Scott VanderVeen Home Built 0 December 5th 03 05:54 PM
Big Ol Prop minot piper e Restoration 2 November 12th 03 05:07 PM
Metal Prop vs. Wood Prop Larry Smith Home Built 21 September 26th 03 07:45 PM