Teen driver hits parked jet at KTEB

Old January 13th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Teen driver hits parked jet at KTEB

http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

Old January 13th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Michael Ware wrote:

http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

It's the auto world getting back at the aviation world for the takeoff
overrun accident at Teterboro last year.

--
Peter
Old January 13th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter R. wrote:

Michael Ware wrote:

http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

It's the auto world getting back at the aviation world for the takeoff
overrun accident at Teterboro last year.

They should move or close that road. It's an unreasonable hazard for the
airport, and it's become much busier than it was when the airport was first
built.

- Andrew

Old January 13th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Peter R. wrote:

Michael Ware wrote:

http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

It's the auto world getting back at the aviation world for the takeoff
overrun accident at Teterboro last year.

They should move or close that road. It's an unreasonable hazard for the
airport, and it's become much busier than it was when the airport was
first
built.

- Andrew

It does look like the road is very close but where isn't a road close to
something you don't want to hit?

Old January 13th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

They should put up a brick wall or a much stronger fence. Ouch for the
jet's owner. I wonder if this will make it to the a/c's log book as
damaged or involved in a collision.

The Monk

Old January 13th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Michael Ware wrote:
http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

They claim the jet received "minor damage." I bet that teenager will be amazed
at how much it costs to repair minor damage on a plane.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 13th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

As a father, I just hope her dad bought lots of insurance!!

-Robert

Old January 13th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter R. wrote:

Michael Ware wrote:

http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

It's the auto world getting back at the aviation world for the takeoff
overrun accident at Teterboro last year.

They should move or close that road. It's an unreasonable hazard for the
airport, and it's become much busier than it was when the airport was
first
built.

- Andrew

I agree, it is time they get those dangerous roads away from our airports
and airplanes. Those roads also have noisy, stinky vehicles that drive by
all times of the day and night, makes it hard to enjoy the ramp on a nice
spring day.

DW

Old January 13th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:

hose roads also have noisy, stinky vehicles that drive by
all times of the day and night, makes it hard to enjoy the ramp on a nice
spring day.

That road noise is also dangerous. It can be very distracting during the
run-up, for example, when one wants to be sure that all checklist items are
covered.

There ought to be a law.

- Andrew

Old January 13th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"George Patterson" wrote in message newskUxf.424$sq.195@trnddc01...
Michael Ware wrote:
http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

They claim the jet received "minor damage." I bet that teenager will be amazed at how much it costs to repair minor
damage on a plane.

George Patterson

Looks like it pushed the jet around about 10° out of line. I'll bet the damage is far from minor....