Re-establishing currency - Missed Biannual

Old November 5th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Beavis

Default Re-establishing currency - Missed Biannual

I have a Private Pilot - Single Engine - Land, but I haven't flown in a couple of years.

My Medical is still good until the end of April 2007, but I didn't take my biannual review, so I guess my priviledges expired as of the end of October 2006.

How do I renew my priviledges? Do I simply schedule a biannual and it's all good again, or now I get to take the Written and the PPL Checkride again?
Old November 5th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

How do I renew my priviledges? Do I simply schedule a biannual and it's all good again

Yep. (Assuming it's the US). If you haven't flown in a couple of
years, you may be rusty, and the biennial may take longer than normal.
(Biennial is the word, not biannual, but it's no longer called that.
It's just called a "flight review".

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).
Old November 5th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Just call your friendly CFI and take the flight review. Expect to need several hours of ground and flight time since you are well out of currency.

http://www.aopa.org/learntofly/getback.html

From the FAA

[PDF] Conducting an
.... Conducting an Effective Flight Review Page 2. Conducting an Effective Flight Review
Table of Contents ... References Flight Review Checklist Step 1: Preparation ...
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/training/m...ght_review.pdf - 2006-08-15 - Text Version

[MS POWERPOINT] The Flight Review
The Flight Review. ... Regulation. A flight review consists of a MINIMUM of 1 hour of
flight instruction and 1 hour of ground instruction, and must include: ....
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...ia/ppt/bfr.ppt - 2006-02-17 - Text Version