Why airplanes fly

Old February 3rd 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student
William Hung[_2_]

Default Why airplanes fly

On Feb 3, 2:16*pm, george wrote:
On Feb 4, 6:53 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

Fixed-wing aircraft fly because their wings generate lift as they move forward
through the air.

.Why do aeroplanes fly ?
Because they can

Dude was doing just fine having a conversation with himself. He asked
the question, and he answered it. We all intrued into his
conversation. We should have left him alone to talk to himself.

Wil
Old February 3rd 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

John Ousterhout wrote in
:

Why airplanes fly:

What they teach: http://www.ousterhout.net/gallery/4_forces_theory.jpg

The reality: http://www.ousterhout.net/gallery/4_forces_reality.jpg

Heh heh.

Bertie
Old February 3rd 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Cecil E. Chapman

They fly because of money.... :/ Money generates both lift and thrust.....

--
=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman

Certificated Flight Instructor
Commercial Pilot, ASEL - Instrument Rated
Reid-Hillview Airport, San Jose, California

Member of:
National Association of Flight Instructors (NAFI)
Airplane Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
Experimental Pilots Association (EAA)

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old February 3rd 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gpaleo[_2_]

Troll
Old February 3rd 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"gpaleo" wrote in news:1202072499.83365@athprx04:

Troll

He wishes.

Bertie
Old February 3rd 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

John Ousterhout wrote:
Why airplanes fly:

What they teach: http://www.ousterhout.net/gallery/4_forces_theory.jpg

The reality: http://www.ousterhout.net/gallery/4_forces_reality.jpg

Well, that's good for the US registration. But what about the rest of them?
Old February 3rd 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Cecil E. Chapman wrote:
They fly because of money.... :/ Money generates both lift and thrust.....

THIS is the real reason.

And let it be known as well that lift and thrust are directly
proportional to the AMOUNT of money spent :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old February 3rd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, William Hung said:
Dude was doing just fine having a conversation with himself. He asked
the question, and he answered it. We all intrued into his
conversation. We should have left him alone to talk to himself.

I suspect he'd bet somebody that he couldn't post a single thing here
without a long thread starting with dozens of people jumping on him to
tell him how he's wrong.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned
Old February 3rd 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Jacques: Hi Tony. What's new with you?

Tony: I've made myself the center of attention on an online discussion
group. I can post the most obvious, innocuous statement and it will draw
dozens of responses.

Jacques: That seems unlikely. People are much smarter than that. What is
the nature of this discussion group?

Tony: It's a discussion group for pilots. I think they are full of
themselves. I could post something like "aircraft fly because their wings
generate lift" and I am certain that because I was the one who posted it
that it would create at least 30 responses.

Jacques: Pilots have to be pretty smart to get where they are. I can't see
how that would generate any responses. Okay, I could see maybe two or three
but dozens seems entirely out of the question. You aren't that important.
Pilots are trained to exercise good judgement.

Tony: Ha! I'm willing to bet you 20 euro that if I post the sentence
"Fixed-wing aircraft fly because their wings generate lift as they move
forward through the air," I will get at least 30 responses.

Jacques: Nonsense! That would not be worthy of response. Tell you what - if
you get more than 5 responses, I'll pay out 1 euro for every response over
that count - but not over 25 euros. If you get 5 or less responses, you owe
me 25 euros. And no cheating! That seem fair?

Tony: You're on!

New and Used Airplanes [email protected] Products 0 May 29th 07 05:02 PM
How many GA airplanes... john smith Piloting 2 May 10th 06 05:19 PM
Q On NYC Airplanes John A. Weeks III General Aviation 3 March 16th 06 12:35 PM
AIRPLANES! W P Dixon Home Built 10 October 7th 04 11:28 AM
E-bay airplanes Paul Folbrecht Owning 11 March 4th 04 12:00 AM