Why airplanes fly

Old February 7th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student

Default Why airplanes fly

On Feb 3, 3:50*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Cecil E. Chapman wrote:
They fly because of money.... :/ *Money generates both lift and thrust......

THIS is the real reason.

And let it be known as well that lift and thrust are directly
proportional to the AMOUNT of money spent :-)

--
Dudley Henriques

I guess that's why you Yeager types figure out ways to get into the
military planes. The military guys may not get paid much, but at least
they're not PAYING.

I'd wager the average fighter pilot monthly salary would not pay for
the gas the pilot uses on a single flight -- let alone the
maintenance. Even for a couple of flights!

Well, sheet. Some people are just smarter than others.
Old February 7th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student

On Feb 4, 10:19*pm, "Art Varrassi" wrote:
Mxsmanic,

That is a very concise and accurate statement and a good generalized
response to a layperson asking the question "how do airplanes fly?".

I see no reason for all of the snide comments from others.

I commend you for continuing to post in these newsgroups in spite of the
harassment you have been subject to.

Art Varrassi
CP-ASEL
KADS - Addison, TX

Damned sock puppet. That's what you are.
Old February 7th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student

On Feb 6, 10:52*am, "Morgans" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote

Holy crap, Jim -- what the hell was THAT about?

You know this "Art" guy from somewhere, or what?

No, but ANYONE who supports the continued postings of M deserve all the ire
I can throw his way.

That's all. *Simple.
--
Jim in NC

The truth is without M the whole thing wouldn't be as fun. Fjukwit or
not. Anyway I left him and the other simmers a missive
on .aviation.simulation. Questions for them, for once.
Old February 7th 08, 08:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

The truth is without M the whole thing wouldn't be as fun.

I don't agree, and in a BIG way.

I don't come here for conflict. I don't come here to listen to stupidity.
I don't come here to witness mental sickness conditions.

If you want that, go to big time wrestling shows. I'm sure there are other
places where you can witness senseless arguments. This is not the place.

Simply put, this is a place for people to talk about flying, and aspects of
aviation. The current crop of loons are not interested in serious
discussion of such. Neither are the people that egg them on. There should
be no place for that, here.

The quality of the discussions here has diminished by a factor of ten. So
have the quantity of people with real experiences to give input to the
discussions.

If this continues much longer, the group will be without value. Some would
say, perhaps rightfully so, that it already has fallen to that point.

If you want conflict and see worms getting squished, please go elsewhere,
and leave the discussion of aviation to people that prefer to discuss
aviation, and not loons and kooks.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 7th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Snowbird

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Cecil E. Chapman wrote:
They fly because of money.... :/ Money generates both lift and
thrust.....

THIS is the real reason.

And let it be known as well that lift and thrust are directly proportional
to the AMOUNT of money spent :-)

I beg to disagree.
Airplanes fly because of desire. Desire generates money.
;-)

Old February 7th 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Michael Ash

In rec.aviation.student Snowbird wrote:

I beg to disagree.
Airplanes fly because of desire. Desire generates money.
;-)

And all these years I've been *working* for it like an idiot!

--
Michael Ash
Rogue Amoeba Software
Old February 7th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Eliminating Trolls (again)

The quality of the discussions here has diminished by a factor of ten. So
have the quantity of people with real experiences to give input to the
discussions.

I agree 100% Jim. But I have a simple solution.

1. Use a newsreader like "Windows Mail" or "Outlook Express". As much as I
liked the search powers of Google Groups, their lack of any sort of
filtering reduced this newsgroup to chaos. I have therefore abandoned GGs.

2. With three keystrokes, you can create a killfile that utterly eliminates
every post by anyone you so designate as persona non grata.

I was two steps out the door from this group before rediscovering
newsreaders. Now, I only see the "good stuff" again, and the trolls can do
their continual verbal circle-jerk in complete anonymity, for all I care.

Of course, the sad part is that this has all become necessary. Killfiles
weren't necessary for the first 9 years I was on this group, but when a
small-but-determined group of trolls with (seemingly endless) time on their
hands takes a hankering to a group, it's obvious that they can destroy it
pretty easily.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 7th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Of course, the sad part is that this has all become necessary. Killfiles
weren't necessary for the first 9 years I was on this group, but when a
small-but-determined group of trolls with (seemingly endless) time on
their hands takes a hankering to a group, it's obvious that they can
destroy it pretty easily.

Yep, and the quantity of quality posts has dropped by such a large factor,
I would not even know where to place the number. Seems many people just
took a hike, rather than put up with it. I don't blame them, and have to
wonder how much longer I will be a regular.

Speaking of missing regulars, what's up with Montblack? Is he taking a
break, or does anyone know what became of him?
--
Jim in NC

Old February 7th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student
Euan Kilgour

Cecil E. Chapman wrote:
They fly because of money.... :/ Money generates both lift and
thrust.....

THIS is the real reason.

And let it be known as well that lift and thrust are directly proportional
to the AMOUNT of money spent :-)

I beg to disagree.
Airplanes fly because of desire. Desire generates money.
;-)

If God had intended man to fly we would have been given tickets.

New and Used Airplanes [email protected] Products 0 May 29th 07 05:02 PM
How many GA airplanes... john smith Piloting 2 May 10th 06 05:19 PM
Q On NYC Airplanes John A. Weeks III General Aviation 3 March 16th 06 12:35 PM
AIRPLANES! W P Dixon Home Built 10 October 7th 04 11:28 AM
E-bay airplanes Paul Folbrecht Owning 11 March 4th 04 12:00 AM