3rd FAI World Sailplane GP final in Santiago, Chile

Old January 1st 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa

Default 3rd FAI World Sailplane GP final in Santiago, Chile

Dear Friends
Happy New Year to you all.
Tomorrow the 2nd of January 2010 will be the first day of the 3rd
FAI World Sailplane GP final in Santiago, Chile.
The races will be transmitted live on the Internet with commentary in
English and Spanish allowing gliding friends the world over to join in
the excitement of the races. The race coverage includes an interactive
chat channel allowing friends and competitors to talk with each other
and send questions directly to the pilots.
Live coverage is linked to the Competition web site which will contain
regular news and results. http://www.grandprixchile.org/
We would like your help in publicising this event for Gliding so
please forward this message to your clubs, colleagues and gliding
friends.
The final will be on Saturday the 9th of January providing an
excellent opportunity for clubs to organise a race evening with big
screens or briefing room computers to watch the racing and join in the
party.
The race is scheduled to start each day at 3:00pm local time in Chile
which is 19.00 in Europe a perfect time for evening viewing.
Widening the audience for our wonderful sport is very important for
it’s future, you can help by spreading this news amongst your friends
and contacts.
Thanks for your help and please send us your feedback to help us
improve the Gliding race presentation.
Regards.
Brian Spreckley
Old January 2nd 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JMR

On Jan 1, 10:07*am, Charlie Papa wrote:
[...]

I will be in Santiago on a layover and will take and post as many
photos as I can. Maybe my wife will buy me an HD video camera early
for my birthday.
I arrive on the morning of the 6th and leave the evening of the 7th,
so it's only 2 days that I am there. Wonder if I just jinxed myself
and my flight will now cancel!!!
Justin Rizor
Old January 2nd 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

shameless commercial plug for Hawke Tracking LLC

What, no real-time SPOT tracking? ;-)

TA

Old January 2nd 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ole[_2_]

How does this live tracking work?

When I go to http://live.adventuretracking.com/GliderCompetition I get
a message saying "you will need to follow thw instructions to install
the Google Earth plugin ...ERR_CREATE_PLUGIN". When I press "OK" the
message close, but nothing else happens.

Regards

Ole
Old January 2nd 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rosy[_2_]

On 2 Sty, 16:44, Ole wrote:
How does this live tracking work?

When I go tohttp://live.adventuretracking.com/GliderCompetitionI get
a message saying "you will need to follow thw instructions to install
the Google Earth plugin ...ERR_CREATE_PLUGIN". When I press "OK" the
message close, but nothing else happens.

Regards

Ole

You ought to go to Google site http://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html
Step by step install plugin.
But, unfortunately, GP organiser has problem to service spectators

R..
Old January 3rd 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_4_]

On Jan 2, 3:06*pm, rosy wrote:
On 2 Sty, 16:44, Ole wrote:

How does this live tracking work?

When I go tohttp://live.adventuretracking.com/GliderCompetitionIget
a message saying "you will need to follow thw instructions to install
the Google Earth plugin ...ERR_CREATE_PLUGIN". When I press "OK" the
message close, but nothing else happens.

Regards

Ole

You ought to go to Google sitehttp://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html
Step by step install plugin.
*But, unfortunately, GP organiser has problem to service spectators

R..

Spectacular coverage today! Both video and chat worked well.
Old January 4th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ole[_2_]

On 2 Jan., 21:06, rosy wrote:
On 2 Sty, 16:44, Ole wrote:

How does this live tracking work?

When I go tohttp://live.adventuretracking.com/GliderCompetitionIget
a message saying "you will need to follow thw instructions to install
the Google Earth plugin ...ERR_CREATE_PLUGIN". When I press "OK" the
message close, but nothing else happens.

Regards

Ole

You ought to go to Google sitehttp://earth.google.com/intl/en/download-earth.html
Step by step install plugin.
*But, unfortunately, GP organiser has problem to service spectators

R..

Thanks, got the software in place but am still unable to see the
tracking, probably due to the problems you mention.

Regards

Ole
Old January 4th 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 3, 3:30*pm, Dan wrote:

Spectacular coverage today! *Both video and chat worked well.

You must have been early to connect. I was never able to.

Andy
Old January 4th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

Let me say that the webcast today was outstanding with a very exciting
race. This contest is on the cutting edge of the sport. With the new
technology there is the potential to draw in spectators and future
sponsors. Finally the world can enjoy the excitement of our sport.

If you were not getting the audio try closing and reopening your
browser tomorrow. Race coverage started at 1:00 pm eastern with start
at 1:30 pm. The total coverage was about two hours.

Lane
Old January 4th 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I enjoyed following the race too! Very cool!

I couldn't get the live tracking to work yesterday or the day before, so it
was nice to get it working today. They seem to be working hard to improve
it.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.