A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Power Flarms now VERY expensive to fix

Old March 1st 15, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob T
external usenet poster

Default Power Flarms now VERY expensive to fix

With Williams no longer able to work on PowerFlarms, problems are VERY expensive to attend to. One has to ship their unit to their PF dealer, who ships it to Switzerland for work. Plus shipping back. Mine lost GPS ability, cost me a hair under $500 to get fixed and returned to me. Whew! Regardless, thanks to Richard for the good service.
Old March 2nd 15, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Power Flarms now VERY expensive to fix

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 3:30:42 PM UTC-8, Bob T wrote:
With Williams no longer able to work on PowerFlarms, problems are VERY expensive to attend to. One has to ship their unit to their PF dealer, who ships it to Switzerland for work. Plus shipping back. Mine lost GPS ability, cost me a hair under $500 to get fixed and returned to me. Whew! Regardless, thanks to Richard for the good service.

So what happened? This is unacceptable for product support and will certainly hurt the adoption. This would be a very bad to know ahead of time before buying.

BG