Power Flarms now VERY expensive to fix

Old March 1st 15, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob T

Default Power Flarms now VERY expensive to fix

With Williams no longer able to work on PowerFlarms, problems are VERY expensive to attend to. One has to ship their unit to their PF dealer, who ships it to Switzerland for work. Plus shipping back. Mine lost GPS ability, cost me a hair under $500 to get fixed and returned to me. Whew! Regardless, thanks to Richard for the good service.
Old March 2nd 15, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 3:30:42 PM UTC-8, Bob T wrote:
With Williams no longer able to work on PowerFlarms, problems are VERY expensive to attend to. One has to ship their unit to their PF dealer, who ships it to Switzerland for work. Plus shipping back. Mine lost GPS ability, cost me a hair under $500 to get fixed and returned to me. Whew! Regardless, thanks to Richard for the good service.

So what happened? This is unacceptable for product support and will certainly hurt the adoption. This would be a very bad to know ahead of time before buying.

BG