Third party liability insurance

Old January 22nd 05, 12:08 AM
Michal Lewczuk

Default Third party liability insurance

Hi,

Probably you know the EU Regulation 785/2004:

http://web.nbaa.org/public/ops/intl/...eg785-2004.pdf

How much is third party liability insurance (for 6 months) for gliders
from both mass category in your countries? (below you can find some
explanations about these categories)

according to that regulation all our gliders must have third party
insurance which will cover:

-750 000 SDR (~0,85 mln euro) - for gliders with MTOM-max take off mass
500 kg

-1 500 000 SDR (~1,7 mln euro) - for gliders with MTOM between 500 kg
and 999 kg

Whats more, gliders from the second group (MTOM500 kg) must also have
insurance relating to the risk of war and terrorism.

For me it is not fair that two seaters and gliders with water ballast,
which have MTOM500kg need much more expensive insurance..

This new regulation can cause many financial problems in our poor Aero
clubs.. So we are looking for some solutions. Maybe it would be cheaper
to buy policy in Czech Republic, Germany or France than in Poland?

Please tell how much do you pay for glider's insurance?

Best regards,
Michal Lewczuk

Stupid pilot tricks Bob Chilcoat Piloting 20 September 18th 04 06:44 PM
Contest Liability - Was ELT Use ChuckPilot Soaring 1 June 28th 04 11:28 PM
Liability insurance Ian Cant Soaring 14 June 14th 04 07:27 AM
Make sure of Your Liability Insurance Icebound Piloting 1 April 25th 04 09:19 AM
Ultralight sailplane aerotow liability Caracole Soaring 18 April 1st 04 09:17 PM