Coming home from Houston Sunday...

Old July 22nd 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default Coming home from Houston Sunday...

....32C and bumpy at 5500 feet.

10 kts more headwind every 2,000 feet higher.

Un-freakin' fair.

I hate summer.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old July 22nd 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

On Jul 22, 3:08*pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
...32C and bumpy at 5500 feet.

10 kts more headwind every 2,000 feet higher.

Un-freakin' fair.

I hate summer.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Didn't realize you were at BFM. Parked the Cherokee there a few days
earlier this month to take a cruise.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Aeroplanes - http://pad39a.com/gene/planes.html

Old July 23rd 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Try 40C with roving rain showers.. talk about bumps and humidity..

Try Oshkosh today. 65 degrees, light winds, no humidity. Picture-perfect
day in the upper Midwest.

Our son is flying the Ercoupe up to OSH today... Once the fog along the
Mississippi lifts, he's wheels up and camping in Vintage until we follow him
up on Sunday...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 23rd 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Try 40C with roving rain showers.. talk about bumps and humidity..

Try Oshkosh today. 65 degrees, light winds, no humidity.
Picture-perfect day in the upper Midwest.

Our son is flying the Ercoupe up to OSH today... Once the fog along
the Mississippi lifts, he's wheels up and camping in Vintage until we
follow him up on Sunday...

you bought an Ercoupe with retracts?

Fjukkwit.

Bertie
Old July 23rd 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
On Jul 22, 3:08 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
...32C and bumpy at 5500 feet.

10 kts more headwind every 2,000 feet higher.

Un-freakin' fair.

I hate summer.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Didn't realize you were at BFM. Parked the Cherokee there a few days
earlier this month to take a cruise.

That's actually a mistake; I forgot to change my sig on this machine. I'm
parked at 4R4 across the bay, now.

Holler next time you come to town.

--
Dan
T-182T at 4R4

Old July 23rd 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

He didn't say GEAR up, he said WHEELS up, idiot. Learn the Iggirish
language the way you supposed to speak her.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

Old July 23rd 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"RST Engineering" wrote in
m:

He didn't say GEAR up, he said WHEELS up, idiot. Learn the Iggirish
language the way you supposed to speak her.

Jim

Wheels up means gear up, period.

Bertie
Old July 23rd 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Jul 24, 8:35 am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
He didn't say GEAR up, he said WHEELS up, idiot. Learn the Iggirish
language the way you supposed to speak her.

I guess every-one here uses language to mean what they want it to
mean.
Or what it meant at some time in the past
There are enough pillocks on the side line who don't understand the
evolution of animals let alone the evolution of language...
At first sight (to me) wheels up means gear retracted until I saw what
it was..
Old July 23rd 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

george wrote in news:2c49e274-c435-4693-9dbb-fd4c86b64f73
@x29g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

On Jul 24, 8:35 am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
He didn't say GEAR up, he said WHEELS up, idiot. Learn the Iggirish
language the way you supposed to speak her.

I guess every-one here uses language to mean what they want it to
mean.
Or what it meant at some time in the past
There are enough pillocks on the side line who don't understand the
evolution of animals let alone the evolution of language...
At first sight (to me) wheels up means gear retracted until I saw what
it was..

What it was was Jay distorting an aviation term to sound hip.

Bertie

HOUSTON Lear-1 Aviation Photos 9 June 12th 08 02:43 AM
When are the soldiers coming home ? [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 September 13th 07 04:21 PM
Exclusive Custom Home Plans, and Essential information about building your New Home orange tree Home Built 4 November 20th 05 04:37 PM
GA in Houston [email protected] Piloting 40 April 1st 05 03:12 PM
Houston Instructor? John Westerlage Aerobatics 2 March 1st 05 03:12 AM