Bush/Hitler creates another phony "terrorist" incident to suppress us...

Old January 3rd 04, 12:55 PM
B2431

From: (pacplyer)

(B2431) wrote in message
From:
(Regnirps)

(pacplyer) wrote:

How about UFO - United Fruitcakes Organization?

Dan, U. S. Air Farce, retarded

First time I have EVER seen anyone change quoted material to ridicule
someone.
Very bad form.

-- Charlie Springer

Please note he also omitted the part to which I used the UFO comment as a
reply.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

What are you talking about? Isn't this called trimming the post? Did
I do it wrong? Did I cut off your B2431? Is that what your crying
about? Go ahead lecture me. I'm all ears. I've only been posting for
a year so I'll admit I don't know everything. As usual, your message
was a one line insult. If it had had any content at all, I would have
been more careful.

Readers please note:
I have improperly cut off and altered the signature on Dan's one-line
insult to the rest of us in this thread. He has stated we should
start an organization of fruitcakes. Now he explains this is a not an
insult. I also omitted something else that he's upset about. If I
knew what the f#$k it was I would correct that too.

See, here's your big chance to win this Dan.

Also note, I retracted the bad form in another part of this thread.
GGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrr

paplyer - out

begin quote

From: "Rich S."

Date: 12/29/2003 12:15 PM Central Standard Time
"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:49:25 -0500, "Stan's News"
wrote:

All,

Bush is a bum, a skull and bones moron...., Cheney's stooge, and by the

way
Cheney is a bum too. Democrats, Republicans are all bums. Politics is

the
biggest bunch of bull**** and the boys are running the show.

I like the saying, "I never vote, it only encourages them...." :-)

Ron Wanttaja

You guys could start a new political party - United Anarchists of the World
(UAW).

Rich S.

How about UFO - United Fruitcakes Organization?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

end quote

As you can see I insulted no one. The comment was in the same tenor as the
message to which I replied.

None of this justified your calling me retarded, saying I was impersonating an
Air Force pilot etc.

begin quote

Well... you like to call people fruitcakes and loons or regulate their
free-speech right to use profanity, but then I see no postings from
you that would lead me to believe that you've ever done anything but
scrub the aeroclub latrine. Typing in "U. S. Air Force" in spread out
letters hoping someone will mistake you for a pilot ....is my guess of
what an E2 would do. ;-)

Am I right?

end quote

If you feel the need to accuse me of things or to insult me get your facts
straight and do it as an adult.

Now, back to you. I seriously doubt you have any military experience. The fact
you have resorted to personal insult tells me you really are not worth talking
to. Am I correct?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired (and damned proud of it)

Old January 3rd 04, 05:29 PM
pacplyer

From:
(pacplyer)
Date: 1/1/2004 9:20 PM Central Standard Time
From:
(pacplyer)
Date: 1/1/2004 1:54 PM Central Standard Time
(B2431) wrote

How about UFO - United Fruitcakes Organization?

Dan, U. S. Air Farce, retarded

HO HO, HA HA. God you're witty. Did you retire as an E-2 by any chance?

pacplyer

What would make you say that?
By the way I have met a retired E-1. He was medically retired due to

service
related injuries.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Pac Puzzles:
[Note: now that you have printed more than a one line slam, I'm being
careful to keep in relevant material. Is that what your objection is?
Did I take your one-liner out of context?]

Pac said:
Well... you like to call people fruitcakes and loons or regulate their
free-speech right to use profanity, but then I see no postings from
you that would lead me to believe that you've ever done anything but
scrub the aeroclub latrine. Typing in "U. S. Air Force" in spread out
letters hoping someone will mistake you for a pilot ....is my guess of
what an E2 would do. ;-)

Am I right?

pacplyer

I called no one a loon, the word was used by me in a thread involving bird
puns. Please pay attention.

Gee, then I went to the wrong college. Maybe I should try to get my
money back. You posted the loon insult right after I made an
off-color joke which you probably find "[un]civil". Do I have to
include it in the body here, or do you think anyone's capable of
checking that claim by going back in the thread? What… are we
submitting formal essays here? (just for you I won't even snip
anything here.)

I also never called anyone a fruitcake. Calling people names or using personal
insults is no way to debate or make a point.

How is suggesting people not using vulgar language an infringement on anyone's
"free speech?" I feel over use of vulgarity is an indication of a person's
inability to communicate in a civil manner.

Profanity, (which is something I'm sure you've never heard in the
service) is an indicator of emotion, and an important Usenet clue in
the absence of voice inflection and body language ... that's how I
use it. It can be an indicator of personality I agree.

Yes, I was enlisted, no I never implied or said I was a pilot. The "aeroclub"
on any military base is not a military function. Use of military personel as
you describe would be illegal.

I was born at Reese. My old man was asked by his boss to run the aero
club. He was an U. S. Air force officer. So this argument is bull.
That's not how the real world works.

In case you are wondering I was in aircraft maintenance, never faced
disciplinary actions and retired honourably.

Now, back to you. I seriously doubt you have any military experience.

While not enlisted or commissioned, I flew DOD MAC charters for four
years. I was in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Civilian
accompanying the armed forces. I was issued the "Civilian Desert
Shield and Desert Storm medal" by Ronald R. Fogleman, General, USAF,
Commander, Air Mobility Command on April 15, 1993. (big deal:
everyone got that who made at least one trip into the area of
hostilities.)

The fact
you have resorted to personal insult tells me you really are not worth talking
to.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired (and damned proud of it)

Refering to me as a loon is an insult. That's why I responded in
kind.

Pacplyer - out
Old January 3rd 04, 07:13 PM
pacplyer

[snipped numerous headers, see above thread for Dan's other comments]

wrote:

All,

Bush is a bum, a skull and bones moron...., Cheney's stooge, and by the

way
Cheney is a bum too. Democrats, Republicans are all bums. Politics is

the
biggest bunch of bull**** and the boys are running the show.

I like the saying, "I never vote, it only encourages them...." :-)

Ron Wanttaja

You guys could start a new political party - United Anarchists of the World
(UAW).

Rich S.

Dan said: [insertion mine]

How about UFO - United Fruitcakes Organization?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

end quote

As you can see I insulted no one. The comment was in the same tenor as the
message to which I replied.

Pac sez:
Maybe I'm the one who's retarded here. Doesn't: "You guys could start
a new political party - United Anarchists of the World (UAW)" by Rich
S. refer to "You guys" as Ron Wanttaja and Stans News? Isn't that the
message you replied to? Do you think Ron and Stan starting a "UFO -
United Fruitcakes Organization" as you put it, is a compliment? Or
would it be an insult? It wouldn't be worth mentioning except that
you refered to me as a loon in the other thread. Rich's comment was
funny and respectful. Yours didn't strike me that way.

None of this justified your calling me retarded, saying I was impersonating an
Air Force pilot etc.

So you can dish it out but you can't take it. Again, we can't agree
on what was printed. I intentionally followed my probe with: "am I
right?" This infers uncertainty on my part. That's not the same
thing as stating: "you ARE impersonating an Air Force pilot."

I did taunt you with a wink, to find out if it's true. But you never
answered the question: did you retire as an E-2? (and you don't have
answer if it bothers you.)

begin quote

Well... you like to call people fruitcakes and loons or regulate their
free-speech right to use profanity, but then I see no postings from
you that would lead me to believe that you've ever done anything but
scrub the aeroclub latrine. Typing in "U. S. Air Force" in spread out
letters hoping someone will mistake you for a pilot ....is my guess of
what an E2 would do. ;-)

Am I right?

end quote

If you feel the need to accuse me of things or to insult me get your facts
straight and do it as an adult.

Now, back to you. I seriously doubt you have any military experience. The fact
you have resorted to personal insult tells me you really are not worth talking
to. Am I correct?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired (and damned proud of it)

Not worth talking to? O.K. I retract the insults. Military Experience?
No, you are not correct. Civilian Reserve Air Fleet (CRAFT) deployed
Sept 1990. (not enlisted or commissioned; see other post this
thread.)
Old January 3rd 04, 08:36 PM
B2431

From: (pacplyer)

Refering to me as a loon is an insult. That's why I responded in
kind.

Pacplyer - out

As I told you before the loon comment was in a bird pun in response to a bird
joke. You DO know a loon is a bird, don't you? If not look it up.

begin quote

From:
(B2431)
Date: 1/1/2004 3:06 AM Central Standard Time
From:
(pacplyer)
Date: 12/30/2003 10:39 AM Central Standard Time
"Tim Ward" wrote in message
"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:49:21 -0800, "Rich S."

wrote:

"B2431" wrote in message

In the old days pilots would often fly with a cat and a goose.

This is an Urban Legend. Geese were never used, as they *love* to fly in

the
fog. Ducks were required.

Yep. For one thing, geese will fly upside down, while a duck will avoid
inverted flight. If ducks fly upside down, they quack up.

Ron Wanttaja

Yep, and they return from the vet with a big bill.

Still, with a duck or a goose in the cockpit, you can always get down.

Tim Ward

Good point Tim. Lot's of "down" floating around. That's why it's
important to check your air conditioning ducts before you take off.

Q: How do you know you've blown a duct?

A: You look in the mirror and see feathers around your mouth....

pacplyer

Cheese and quackers, this thread brings out the loons.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

end quote

In any event, your accusations and attacks on me far out weigh any offense you
perceived.

Since you insist on blaming me for your misunderstanding I hereby dismiss you
and send you to Tarverland since you have so much in common with him.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired (and still damned proud of it)
Old January 4th 04, 04:43 PM
Snowbird

wrote in message ...

(referring to Bill Phillips and 'pacplyer')
And you two are the only ones here that don't like Sydney.
Are you two neighbors or something?

I appreciate the compliment, but my first reaction reading
this was:

"Zounds! Where have I gone Wrong?" *g*

I'm sure there are plenty of other people who don't like
me on these newsgroups, past and present. I'm not
everybody's Teacup, and I wouldn't want to be.

However, it's generally true that those who don't
like me, do respect me. Else just ignore me.

Which brings me to this request: while I appreciate your
concern for me, I wish you'd join them and leave my name
out of your exchange with "pac" whoever he may be. I
know for myself, it's much harder to sit quietly while
someone I like or respect gets abused than it is to sit
quietly while it's headed my way, but nevertheless, I ask.

Personally if I were voting, I'd vote for "pac" as a
compendium of several people including a sometime
sock puppet for BP (a la Hef/Wingie). IIRC I think he
actually sort of acknowledged something of the sort at
one point. He's had his unintentionally amusing moments.
Accusing me of "harassing" my long-time net.friend Chip
was almost as good as "Hef's" Boxter -- true ROTFL.
Now I gather he thinks I'm you, which is also funny.

But overall he just sort of seems worth ignoring to me.
Sort of like "Selway Kid" aka 'ol shy and bashful' (whose
identity is another 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm')

For a supposed aviation enthusiast and professional pilot,
pacplyer doesn't seem to spend much time saying anything
a) entertaining
b) worthwhile about flying.

Even Unka Bob, that noted net.curmudgeon has, in his crotchety
way, much more worthwhile to say if you read between the lines.

JMO of course and "do as thou wilt".

Cheers,
Sydney (with time to fly, temp 37/dewpoint 37, thunder and
rain, forecast ice pellets. *grumble*)