Wanted: 2-33 left wing

Old March 19th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: 2-33 left wing

I'm helping a friend locate a replacement wing for a Schweizer 2-33.
Left with mild hail damage would be perfect but will consider left,
right, varous conditions. Reply to me: wby0nder'at'aol.com

Matt Michael

Old March 20th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Eric Greenwell wrote:

Can I redeem my drab desert by wondering why "mild hail damage" was the
perfect condition? Do you suppose the right wing already has "mild hail
damage", and so a left wing with matching damage is required?

Hmmm golf balls fly futher with dimples, is 2-33 with 50:1 possible?

paul

Old March 20th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Shhhhhhhh. Super secret Super-Schweizer project.

MM

Old March 20th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

PB wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:

Can I redeem my drab desert by wondering why "mild hail damage" was the
perfect condition? Do you suppose the right wing already has "mild hail
damage", and so a left wing with matching damage is required?

Hmmm golf balls fly futher with dimples, is 2-33 with 50:1 possible?

With that riveted wing, I suspect you'd have to bolt on a JATO unit to
give a 2-33 50:1 performance.

Johan Larson

Old March 22nd 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you installed two left wings, or two right wings, but installed the
"wrong one" facing backwards, it might be perfect for thermaling in a tight
column of air - as long as you made sure you always went in the correct
direction.

It could also be good for flat spin recovery - if you made sure you spun it
in the correct direction.

Tow rope attachment might be somewhere on the rear facing wing, to help it
launch straight, althugh it might require some experimentation.

Colin

Old March 22nd 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

COLIN LAMB wrote:
If you installed two left wings, or two right wings, but installed the
"wrong one" facing backwards, it might be perfect for thermaling in a tight
column of air - as long as you made sure you always went in the correct
direction.

That sounds like a long-discarded prototype for the helicopter, before
they discovered you don't want the crew pod to spin with the blades.
:-)

It could also be good for flat spin recovery - if you made sure you spun it
in the correct direction.

Tow rope attachment might be somewhere on the rear facing wing, to help it
launch straight, althugh it might require some experimentation.

Just wind the tow rope around a vertical axis, like winding the string
around a top. Then pull hard, and the device will take off on its own.

Good idea, Colin.

Johan Larson

Old March 22nd 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That sounds like a long-discarded prototype for the helicopter, before
they discovered you don't want the crew pod to spin with the blades.

:-)

Boy, that is a great idea. Just hang the cockpit below the fuselage, on a
swivel, and the pilot can keep facing one direction during a tight thermal.
My wife will finally get relief from those tight turns she does not like.

And pilots will no longer be uncomfortable in flat spins or graveyard
spirals.

Colin