New Butterfly Display Software 3.2

Old May 22nd 13, 07:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

Default New Butterfly Display Software 3.2

Hi,

we have released a new software version 3.2 for the PowerFLARM displays/Butterfly displays that increases font-size by 40% (which is a lot). Some other minor changes are included as well.

• Better readability, larger fonts
• Shows installed PowerFLARM® licenses
• Support for latest FLARM® error codes
• Shows next XPDR target in list view
• minor improvements and bugfixes

We have received (negative) feedback from some of you regarding readability.. Although we can not change issues that come from screen/sunglass polarization we tried to improve the situation with font-readability and now have way larger fonts that are easier to read.

Please read this manual if you wish to install the update:
http://www.butterfly.aero/support/CL32_EN.pdf

Please find the update files he
http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/in...upport-english

Thanks a lot for your feedback and always happy landings
Marc
The Butterfly Team
Old May 22nd 13, 08:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:19:05 AM UTC+2, Marc - Butterfly Avionics wrote:
Hi,

we have released a new software version 3.2 for the PowerFLARM displays/Butterfly displays that increases font-size by 40% (which is a lot). Some other minor changes are included as well.

We have received (negative) feedback from some of you regarding readability. Although we can not change issues that come from screen/sunglass polarization we tried to improve the situation with font-readability and now have way larger fonts that are easier to read.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and always happy landings

Marc

Marc, that is great! Your team's fast response to a customer comment is greatly appreciated - us older gliderguiders have a tough time reading the "small print" on many digital displays, something young designers may not appreciate - yet!

Cheers,

Kirk
66
Old May 22nd 13, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Thanks Marc !

I flew with v3.2 at the 18-meter nationals last week,
and it does help readability - do install it !

Best Regards, Dave
Old May 22nd 13, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Marc - Butterfly Avionics wrote, On 5/21/2013 11:19 PM:
[...]

The bigger, bolder font in the previous 3.1 update seems very easy to
read. Does this bigger font in 3.2 reduce the "radar" display size? I
don't want that any smaller.

I'd like the alarm sound made at least twice as loud on the display for
the core. It's not just the vision that degrades as one becomes an older
gliderguider.

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl
Old May 22nd 13, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

The bigger, bolder font in the previous 3.1 update seems very easy to

read. Does this bigger font in 3.2 reduce the "radar" display size? I

don't want that any smaller.

Hi Eric,

the radar stays identical, only the fonts are increased in size. To be honest, we use a modification of our old fonts (sw version 2.2 and lower) that may only be familiar to our european users.

best,
Marc
Old May 22nd 13, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Marc,

I do intend to load v3.2, but out of curiosity, is it possible to reload an older version of firmware if you don't like the newer version?

-John, Q3

Old May 23rd 13, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

I do intend to load v3.2, but out of curiosity, is it possible to reload an older version of firmware if you don't like the newer version?

Yes john, this is nor problem. You can always upgrade-downgrade to any desired version.

Because of this reason please make sure than only one .bfn file is on your USB-Stick/microSD-Card when updating through PowerFLARM.
Old May 23rd 13, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:19:05 AM UTC-4, Marc - Butterfly Avionics wrote:
[...]

Thanks, this will help.

Is there a backlight in this display? If there is, an additional, enormously helpful tweak would be to crank up the illumination during alerts.

T8
Old May 23rd 13, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi, having issues with the download from he http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/in...upport-english

when I download it, it comes as a .zip file when I then extract the files I get a .exe file then if I try and run it, I get a error reading com ports. Is ther a place just to get the .BFW and .BFN update files? They are fairly small files and don't really need to be compressed. This happens with both the flarmnet and display updates. Or am I or Freaking windoze 7 doing something wrong?

Thanks CH
Old May 23rd 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:40:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi, having issues with the download from he http://www.butterfly-avionics.com/in...upport-english

when I download it, it comes as a .zip file when I then extract the files I get a .exe file then if I try and run it, I get a error reading com ports. Is ther a place just to get the .BFW and .BFN update files? They are fairly small files and don't really need to be compressed. This happens with both the flarmnet and display updates. Or am I or Freaking windoze 7 doing something wrong?

Thanks CH

Right click on the center part of the links (Update file for PowerFlarm).
Choose "save link as".
Select your usb or sd location.
Save

Note: don't click on the link to open it or your computer may save it as a txt file.

Works for me! (and I hate computers)

bumper