ZZZooommm rant latest

Old September 5th 03, 11:41 PM
RobertR237

In article 5q46b.365864$o%2.165280@sccrnsc02, "Juan E Jimenez"
writes:

"RobertR237" wrote in message

Again, what are the specifics that prove your point.

Go look up the case. Speaks for itself.

Now a question for you...even if the above case is fact and CGS has been

sued,
how does that justify an ongoing personal and very public assult on Chuck

and
CGS in USAviator and now into ANN?

That's between Jim and Chuck.

If it were just between them, why is it plastered all over ANN every few
months?

I don't really give a damn if Chuck has been sued, successfully or not, it

is a
fact of doing business in this country.

I don't really care if you give a damn or not.

DITTO!

What I see as the problem is the use of a public news publication as a

weapon
for personal use. Jim has used his position and his publications to

attack
others...

As Chuck used RAH to attack me with no provocation, using his (and your)
usual pattern of guilt by association. The difference is that now Chuck (and
you) now know that I don't just bark, I bite, and walk away with chunks.

You don't bark or bite, just whine and whimper.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 5th 03, 11:41 PM
RobertR237

In article , Pot Kettle Black
writes:

RobertR237 wrote:

What will it take for Jim to quit using ANN to continue the attacks
on CGS and Chuck or must he put up with it forever?

Perhaps the same set of circumstances that would make Chuck,
and all the other group chuckies stop using this newsgroup,
and or public events like flyins as a platform for their continued
snide attacks of Captain Zoomy......

There is a time to hold them and a time to fold them and yet
Robert there is not a month that goes by that someone doesn't
start up yet another ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM
thread in this very newsgroup.

Of all the subjects posted here on a continuing basis I defy you
to show one other subject that has not been beaten to death
ad nausem ad naseum as this one has these past few years.

Since you yourself take part in many of the Zoomy threads with
great glee why do you get upset when someone like Jim Campbell
uses their own publications to fight back.

Good, bad or indifferent what makes YOU any better than HIM.

By YOUR very own posting history on the subject..... nothing!!!

Good agrument but doesn't wash.

This is a participation newsgroup where anyone and everyone has an opportunity
to establish their views and offer a rebuttal. Show me where Zoom offers the
same opportunity. His is a one sided attack without option for the opposition
views to be heard by any of his readers. Big difference, and if you can't see
that, you are not looking. Hell, even the local news stations offer free
rebuttle time for those with opposing opinions views to editorials. The only
response I ever got from Jim Campbell for offering an opposing view on
something was the threat of legal action for contacting him.

Now go back into hiding in your pottie.

Old September 5th 03, 11:43 PM
C.D. Damron

"Russell Kent" wrote in message
Here's an interesting thought: ANN presumably portrays itself as an

unbaised
source of news about all things aviation

I only check out ANN when somebody brings it up here on RAH. In almost
every case, I see a case a questionable journalism, within moments.

Check out this blurb that appeared on ANN:

"Risky Business": Adam's A-700 Flight To Oshkosh. Barely a week after their
totally new bird with totally new engines takes flight, Adam Aircraft
decided to bring it to Oshkosh. While many consider the move gutsy
(including our staff, begrudgingly), we consider the move questionable.
Already under fire for safety practices and other concerns, what chance this
aircraft has of seeing the light of day (certification and production wise)
were put into jeopardy for what we consider a PR stunt that had questionable
value and WAY too many risks...

Is this good journalism?

Old September 5th 03, 11:59 PM
RobertR237

In article , Russell Kent writes:

Here's an interesting thought: ANN presumably portrays itself as an unbaised
source of news about all things aviation (I can't confirm this/quote ANN at
the
moment since the ANN website seems to be broken). Assuming this is true, why
would ANN permit "a number" of people (here in the newsgroup) to continue to
believe that it *is* biased against CGS aviation and/or Chuck Slusarczyk? I
mean if Chuck really is a bad guy, don't simply demonize him by calling him
names ("con-artist"), but publish the facts of Chuck's badness so that ANN's
readers can be informed. Calling him names ("Clown") seems to support some
people's perception that ANN has some personal bias against Chuck, whereas
publishing unshaded facts would seem to portray ANN as an unbiased news
source.

Just my own ramblings...

Russell Kent

I asked the same question of Jim Campbell years ago and the response was a
threat of legal action among others. Seems I was labeled a terrorist for even
asking.

Old September 5th 03, 11:59 PM
RobertR237

In article , Bernie the Bunion
writes:

Corky Scott wrote:

Chuck did not start this latest thread, but the way, Jim Campbell did
by ranting about Chuck in ANN. Chuck has a right to defend himself.

Just what pray tell has THIS NEWSGROUP got to do with
a commercial website owned by Jim Campbell.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall any posts in this newsgroup
by Jim Campbell but I sure see lots of posts in this newsgroup about
him.

Usually by people that are not directly involved with the continuing
saga between Chuck and Jim.

People like YOU Corky who have no direct involvement in the squabble.

Chuck has a right to defend himself.

Then let Chuck write a letter to the editor or sue him for slander.

What the heck does his ongoing, ad naseum problem have to do with this
newsgroup or buidling planes.

Name one realistic reason why every month someone just like you feels
the need to troll this newsgroup by starting yet another Captain Zoom
thread in this newsgroup.

Just one Corky.... Just one.

The education of the masses..... Trust me Corky the masses in this
group have had all the education they need on this subject.

Chuck did not start the latest thread......

Your god damn right he did... Last night if my feeble memory serves me.

What came first the chicken or the egg.

At this stage of the game who cares.

Excuse me Bernie, but the newsgroup is about rec.aviation.homebuilt and zoomers
attack was on a member of that community. That kind of attack in any forum
will have an effect on all of us. Sorry it if bothers you, look at the title
and ignore it. Don't read it. Kill it. Or as you have done here and now,
exercise your option to bitch about it. Your choice and your freedom to
respond which is more than Jim Campbell ever gave anyone who compained about
one of his editorials.

Old September 6th 03, 12:09 AM
Dave Hyde

Juan E Jimenez wrote:

...he wasn't being very truthful...

I think it's very important that businessmen
possess honesty and integrity. Do you feel the same
about journalists? A yes or no answer will suffice.

Dave 'the company you keep' Hyde

Old September 6th 03, 12:15 AM
RobertR237

In article sk86b.368550$o%2.166125@sccrnsc02, "C.D. Damron"
writes:

I only check out ANN when somebody brings it up here on RAH. In almost
every case, I see a case a questionable journalism, within moments.

Check out this blurb that appeared on ANN:

"Risky Business": Adam's A-700 Flight To Oshkosh. Barely a week after their
totally new bird with totally new engines takes flight, Adam Aircraft
decided to bring it to Oshkosh. While many consider the move gutsy
(including our staff, begrudgingly), we consider the move questionable.
Already under fire for safety practices and other concerns, what chance this
aircraft has of seeing the light of day (certification and production wise)
were put into jeopardy for what we consider a PR stunt that had questionable
value and WAY too many risks...

Is this good journalism?

It is an editorial which has never required good journalism but in every
reputable medium that I know of, they offer a chance for rebuttal. Our local
TV Channels often do editorials on all sorts of subject but always offer to
give equal air time to any opposing views. The newspapers do the same and have
a letters to the editor section that allows for opposing views. In fact, both
the pro and con arguments will be presented at the same time and given equal
space. Campbell has never offered the same capability regarding his editoral
content in either USAviator or on his most recent "publication" ANN.

In reference to your quoted story, where is the view from Adam Aircraft on why
they felt it was necessary to have their plane at the biggest and most
important aviation even of the year? Was it really a risk to bring it here or
not? Were they even asked to comment? I doubt it but if they were, obviously
their comments were ignored.

The sad part of all this is that Campbell had a good idea with ANN. He was not
the first to come up with it, AVWEB has done a similar site for longer, but it
is still a good idea. He will continue to use it as his personal attack medium
and will eventually drive away both readers and sponsors, especially if he
continues to bill them for advertising they didn't request.

Old September 6th 03, 01:57 PM
Warren & Nancy

RobertR237 wrote:

In reference to your quoted story, where is the view from Adam Aircraft on why
they felt it was necessary to have their plane at the biggest and most
important aviation even of the year? Was it really a risk to bring it here or
not? Were they even asked to comment? I doubt it but if they were, obviously
their comments were ignored.

I haven't been to ANN for quite a while, but has Adam Aircraft advertised with
zoom? Or did he use his reported tactic of putting in unauthorized advertising and
then sending a bill for it?

Old September 6th 03, 05:56 PM
Frank Hitlaw

"Juan E Jimenez" wrote in message news:ESU5b.356168$YN5.243591@sccrnsc01...
"C.D. Damron" wrote in message
.net...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++SNIP++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is interesting to note why so many people have come to hold Chuck in

such
high esteem. How does that happen, Juan?

Probably the same way as many or more people hold Jim Campbell in high
esteem.

juan;
The same way as many or more people hold jim campbell in high esteem.
Are you kidding? That statement could only come from someone whos'
cognitive skills have slipped,alzheimers setting in? Eat alot of paint
chips when you were a kid? As the locals here in Jakarta would say
"goblok lu",(you are a total idiot).

Have a nice day,Frank: