A/FD is online

Old October 18th 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

Default A/FD is online

"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote in message

I wouldn't rely on it too much yet. Not all airports are listed,
including my home base.

Not all airports are in the paper A/FD either. Is your home base a
public-use airport?

Old October 18th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

This is great. Thanks.

Anybody know if this is considered a "legal" source of info, like DUATS?

mike

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
I just noticed that NACO now has the A/FD online (along with the TPPs):
http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_afd

Old October 18th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan[_1_]

mike regish wrote:
This is great. Thanks.

Anybody know if this is considered a "legal" source of info, like DUATS?

mike

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
I just noticed that NACO now has the A/FD online (along with the TPPs):
http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_afd

If it has the correct expiry date, why would it not be legal?

Old October 18th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Just wondering if it is official. You can go to weather sites with the
correct weather that are not considered official weather briefs.

mike

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old October 18th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

If it has the correct expiry date, why would it not be legal?

I'm not sure why it compares with DUAT at all. The expiry
date is immaterial. Even the printed books you better follow
up with a careful check of the published and unpublished
NOTAMS for legaility.
Old October 18th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

mike regish wrote:
Just wondering if it is official. You can go to weather sites with the
correct weather that are not considered official weather briefs.

mike

Considered by who. The only thing the FSS and DUAT gives you is
accountability when they come back through the crash investigation
that you got certain information. Regardless of who you call
it's incumbent on you to get all the available information.
Old October 18th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

This is an official government site. It even says "Do not
bookmark because the address changes with updates"

I tried the site and had errors on the page using IE6. I
could get to the state selection page but that was as far as
I could get. It is still in development.

. ..

Old October 18th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
mike regish wrote:
Just wondering if it is official. You can go to weather sites with the
correct weather that are not considered official weather briefs.

mike

Considered by who. The only thing the FSS and DUAT gives you is
accountability when they come back through the crash investigation
that you got certain information.

As does WSI and Jeppesen.

Old October 18th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
This is an official government site. It even says "Do not
bookmark because the address changes with updates"

I tried the site and had errors on the page using IE6. I
could get to the state selection page but that was as far as
I could get. It is still in development.

This is the same result I got with IE 6.0.

Allen

Old October 18th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Mine is listed (California, GOO) but there is no data in the link...just a
return to the link page.

Jim

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
. ..
"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote in message
"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
I just noticed that NACO now has the A/FD online (along with the TPPs):
http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_afd

I wouldn't rely on it too much yet. Not all airports are listed,
including my home base.

Interesting. What airport is that?

--Gary