A/FD is online

Old October 18th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default A/FD is online

Same error with Firefox.

Jim

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
This is an official government site. It even says "Do not
bookmark because the address changes with updates"

I tried the site and had errors on the page using IE6. I
could get to the state selection page but that was as far as
I could get. It is still in development.

Old October 18th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

Same error with Firefox.

My firefox worked fine.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 18th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

I run the current version of FIrefox also. I'm getting the same error that
Macklin is getting. You can get to the state page, you can get to the
airport page, but when you click on the airport to get the data, it does
absolutely nothing. No movement, no data, the page just sits there and
looks back at you.

Try GOO in California.

Jim

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
"RST Engineering" wrote:
I tried the site and had errors on the page using IE6. I
could get to the state selection page but that was as far as
I could get. It is still in development.

Same error with Firefox.

I run the current version of Firefox and had no trouble last
week or today. I looked at the A/FD for a couple of states
and several airports.

I use lots of things that might change what my browser does
as compared to yours - from extensions in Firefox (Adblock,
Allow right click, etc.) to a proxy that modifies the
webpages before they get to the browser, but they usually
make it harder to access a page, not easier.

What error are you seeing?
--
Rule books are paper - they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and
metal.

- Ernest K. Gann, 'Fate is the Hunter.'

Old October 18th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
I run the current version of FIrefox also. I'm getting the same error that
Macklin is getting. You can get to the state page, you can get to the
airport page, but when you click on the airport to get the data, it does
absolutely nothing. No movement, no data, the page just sits there and
looks back at you.

Try GOO in California.

Jim

This is the error I get with IE 6.0 SP2, same symptons as Jim:

Line: 208

Character: 9

Error: No such interface supported

Code: 0

I did forward this to the webmaster.

Allen

Old October 18th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Allen" wrote in message
om...

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
I run the current version of FIrefox also. I'm getting the same error
that Macklin is getting. You can get to the state page, you can get to
the airport page, but when you click on the airport to get the data, it
does absolutely nothing. No movement, no data, the page just sits there
and looks back at you.

Try GOO in California.

Jim

This is the error I get with IE 6.0 SP2, same symptons as Jim:

Line: 208

Character: 9

Error: No such interface supported

Code: 0

I did forward this to the webmaster.

Allen

Sorry Jim, this was for Todd!

Allen

Old October 18th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary Drescher

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Mine is listed (California, GOO) but there is no data in the link...just a
return to the link page.

Selecting GOO gets me a link to the A/DF pdf page:
http://www.naco.faa.gov/pdfs/sw_84_23SEP2006.pdf

--Gary

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
. ..
"JJS" jschneider@remove socks cebridge.net wrote in message
"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
I just noticed that NACO now has the A/FD online (along with the TPPs):
http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_afd

I wouldn't rely on it too much yet. Not all airports are listed,
including my home base.

Interesting. What airport is that?

--Gary

Old October 18th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"RST Engineering" wrote:

I run the current version of FIrefox also. I'm getting the same error

that
Macklin is getting. You can get to the state page, you can get to the
airport page, but when you click on the airport to get the data, it does
absolutely nothing. No movement, no data, the page just sits there and
looks back at you.

Try GOO in California.

It works fine. Here is the GOO link:
http://www.naco.faa.gov/pdfs/sw_84_23SEP2006.pdf

I'm going to the link page, then going to the page that has
the U.S. map, then selecting a state by either choosing the
drop down list or clicking the state, then hitting the
search button. I'm leaving the:
Airport ID:
Airport City:
Airport Name:
NAVAID:
all set to "ALL"
it then lists all airports for that state at the bottom of
the page with the U.S. map still at the top and I choose the
one I want. When you run your mouse over the "View" or "PDF"
at the right side of the page opposite the airport, the link
to the PDF should appear in the lower right corner of
Firefox.

Where does it break in that process for you?

I do the exact same sequence as you, when I hit "Search" it immediately puts
the error on page warning at the bottom and does nothing further.

Allen

Old October 18th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

"RST Engineering" wrote:

[...]

Firefox worked for me today.
Yesterday I was getting messages that the information was not available.
Old October 18th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

They say that IE should work, other browsers support coming,
but I think the site needs more work in general.

Old October 18th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

no problem... The site will get fixed and it will work with
all browsers some day, until then, just keep trying.

I didn't even get a pop-up blocker message, jus "error on
page"

"Allen" wrote in message
om...

| "Allen" wrote in message