Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 18th 04, 02:33 PM
Dave Stadt

"S Green" wrote in message

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
. ..

"Judah" wrote in message
"Dave Stadt" wrote in
:

"Judah" wrote in message
How, exactly, do the rich get richer without taking other people's
assets?

By applying themselves and earning what they accumulate. If you are
smart and work hard you win. If you are dumb and sit at home

waiting
for the welfare check you lose.

Ahhh... So that's why my brilliant seventh grade science teacher is so
wealthy, and Mike Tyson, who can barely speak english, is so broke!

In fact Mike Tyson is broke. His current net worth is a couple of

thousand
dollars. Tyson didn't sit home waiting for a government check although

he
might well end up in that situation. If in fact the science teacher is
brilliant the opportunity to increase earnings is readily available.

But not as a science teacher.

There are teaching jobs available that pay extremely well. The opportunity
is available.

Do we want good science teachers teaching our kids or is it OK to low
ambition morons doing it instead?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old April 18th 04, 02:33 PM
Doug Carter

S Green wrote:
"Doug Carter" wrote in message

Conservatives object to excessive government spending,
especially when it is used to force social engineering.

and the money being spent in Iraq is NOT social engineering then?

The Iraq war is part of a long belated response to world
wide terrorism.

Your inference that establishing conditions that give
peoples a chance to escape from dictatorships is 'social
engineering' is valid and I stand corrected.

I should have said that "conservatives object to excessive
government spending, especially when it is used to
increase dependence on welfare or inappropriately create
monopolies that displace free enterprise."

Old April 18th 04, 02:41 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:31:29 GMT, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

abortion will always kill a child. there is no way to not kill a child
while aborting. it is 'only' a matter of definition

Not necessarily. A procedure may be developed that terminates a woman's
pregnancy without harming the child. Until that time abortion is murder.

below you state that life begins with conception. How will it then be
posible to terminate the pregnancy without harming (killing) the child?

You can only pass this issue with: let life (legally; for the lawyers)
begin (for example) in the 5th week after conception (or any other legal
ways).

(when is it a child?).

Conception.

#m

--
A far-reaching proposal from the FBI (...) would require all broadband
Internet providers, including cable modem and DSL companies, to rewire
Old April 18th 04, 02:41 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:08:16 GMT, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

I take it from this that you have no problem with same-sex marriages.

Well, since same sex marriage does not exist, no, I have no problem with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

in Message-ID: .net you
wrote that gays marry.

#m
Old April 18th 04, 02:45 PM
C J Campbell

"Chicken Bone" wrote in message
news.com...

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Jefferson godless?

Apparently deists are thought to be godless.

By whom?

By those who, like Dan Luke, want to portray Jefferson as godless in order
to further their own political agenda of excluding religious views from the
political forum.

Old April 18th 04, 02:46 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:31:49 -0700, Pete wrote:

I am not only pro choice, I am pro-abortion, I believe there should be a
licensing procedure to ensure prospective parents are up to the task,
physically, emotionally and financially. Until they can prove that, they
should be chemically sterilized.

this brings you to a very slippery ground.

#m

Old April 18th 04, 02:46 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:04:02 GMT, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

Gay marriage is not the same as same-sex marriage.

so, what is the difference, then?

#m

Old April 18th 04, 02:51 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:04:02 GMT, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

I disagree, obviously, but as I say below I can understand your view.

All abortion procedures performed today cause the deliberate death of the
child. That is murder by any reasonable definition.

hmm. are you discussing the method of how it is done or the fact that it is
(or is not) done?

let me compare it to the death penalty:
you can say that the electric chair is "inhuman" to kill somebody. it
remains killing (or revenge or whatever you like to call it).
you can use a lethal injection. this might be more human, but the effect or
outcome remains the same.

and the same goes for abortion. you can make it legal, illegal, don't
enforce legal action within the first 4 weeks, yadda yadda yadda. but it
remains the termination of life (when you call it life at the point of
conception).

#m

Old April 18th 04, 02:53 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:52:29 -0500, Joe Young wrote:

Maybe we should
also put down newborns with any physical, mental or genetic abnormalidies.

this has been done by the nazis.

It is all called murder you moron.

and back then it was legal. (not that I favour such action!)

see? it is only a matter of definition.
sure, this is really extrem, but the point remains.

#m