Need details on a Challenger 602

Old November 29th 04, 01:21 AM
Bob Moore

Default Need details on a Challenger 602

Hello,

I am trying to gather information on the aircraft that exploded at Montrose
earlier today. I did a search on a confirmed Challenger 602. I got a few
hits but the best I could gather was that the craft rated somewhere
between a Learjet and a Citation in nature which really doesn't tell me a
whole hell of a lot.

Please enlighten me!

Thanks

Old November 29th 04, 02:18 AM
BTIZ

try looking under CL-601.. per your news article..
but yes.. it is larger than a Citation..

BT

.. .

Old November 29th 04, 02:28 AM
kage

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

I am trying to gather information on the aircraft that exploded at
Montrose
earlier today. I did a search on a confirmed Challenger 602. I got a few
hits but the best I could gather was that the craft rated somewhere
between a Learjet and a Citation in nature which really doesn't tell me a
whole hell of a lot.

Please enlighten me!

Thanks

The Challenger CL600 series twin jets are made by Canadair. They are large
corporate intercontental jets usually with a seating of 10-12 with a stand
up cabin and potty. They are larger than most common 30 series Lears and 500
series Citations. Sorry if the next doesn't format.

CANADAIR CL601 CHALLENGER
Engine: GE CF34-1A 75% Cruise: 443 kts Wingspan: 61.83 ft
Length: 68.33 ft
Rec'md TBO: 4000 hrs Range: 3391 nm Height: 20.67 ft
Srv Ceiling: 41000 ft Empty Wt: 19950 lbs
Single Eng Srv Ceiling: 24000 ft Gross Wt: 43250 lbs
Max Fuel: 2496 gal Rate of Climb: 4200 ft/min
Single Eng ROC: 1048 ft/min
Takeoff (over 50 ft obstacle): 5400 ft
Landing (over 50 ft obstacle): 3300 ft

Karl
ATP BE30, CE-500, LR-JET, DA-50

Old November 29th 04, 03:12 AM
Bob Moore

Thanks Karl,

If one tries typing in the aircraft in doubt, there are quite a few hits
that infer a LEAR, a Cessna, and as the media has called it, wrongly, a
Gulfstream. Just needed to be correct with the facts. Even the
company's home base was stated to be NJ, when in fact it is CA.

Thanks for the clarification---

Old November 29th 04, 09:25 AM
G Farris

Just drop in at your local Taco Bell and ask any burger chef.
They all have ratings in the type.

GF

Old November 29th 04, 03:28 PM
Bob Moore

"Bob Moore" wrote

Thanks for the clarification---

Bob...next time you log-on with a question, could you
perhaps choose another name? I got here first,and
seniority does have its priviledges you know. :-)
I certainly wouldn't want the others in the group to
think that I don't know what Challenger 602 Is. :-)

Bob Moore (The real one :-))

Old November 29th 04, 08:18 PM
Peter Duniho

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
Bob...next time you log-on with a question, could you
perhaps choose another name?

If that's his name, it's his name.

I got here first,and
seniority does have its priviledges you know. :-)

Not around here it doesn't. If you want distinction, it's up to you to
create it. Get yourself a more unique name, if you don't want to be
mistaken for someone else with a name as equally common as yours.

I certainly wouldn't want the others in the group to
think that I don't know what Challenger 602 Is. :-)

What do you care? Even if you didn't know what a Challenger 602 is, would
that make you a lesser person? I don't think so, and I think anyone who
DOES think so is an idiot. You should think they're an idiot too.

Pete

Old November 29th 04, 09:13 PM
Bob Moore

"Peter Duniho" wrote

Not around here it doesn't. If you want distinction, it's up to you
to create it. Get yourself a more unique name, if you don't want to
be mistaken for someone else with a name as equally common as yours.

****-off Duniho...if you can't tell that I was joking
even with all of the smilies...just stay out of the
conversation. I was just saying "welcome Bob, there
are two of us now".

Bob Moore (1)
Old November 29th 04, 10:30 PM
Peter Duniho

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
****-off Duniho

Well-spoken, as ever. You are a shining pinnacle of airmainship. :-)

[...] I was just saying "welcome Bob, there
are two of us now".

Bull and ****. :-)

TACAIR Integration - any details, or speculations only? [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 November 22nd 04 01:46 PM
Southend airshow details Nick Piloting 1 May 29th 04 02:21 AM
Oshkosh Rec.Aviation Get-together details... Jay Honeck Owning 2 August 3rd 03 04:31 PM
Oshkosh Rec.Aviation Get-together details... Jay Honeck Piloting 2 August 3rd 03 04:31 PM
Ignoring the Challenger? robert arndt Military Aviation 0 July 1st 03 10:24 AM