Bumping 18,000 in OK

Old April 2nd 10, 06:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Bumping 18,000 in OK

I just noticed on the Talihina yahoo group that Randy Teel climbed to
17,900 today in the wave down by Talihina. Wow! Congrats!
Old April 2nd 10, 12:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

Tony wrote:
I just noticed on the Talihina yahoo group that Randy Teel climbed to
17,900 today in the wave down by Talihina. Wow! Congrats!

Even with a hundred fresh horses, I cannot get that high - and Class A
is FAA bait if I could!

Brian W
Old April 2nd 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred[_4_]

On Apr 2, 12:58*am, Tony wrote:
I just noticed on the Talihina yahoo group that Randy Teel climbed to
17,900 today in the wave down by Talihina. *Wow! Congrats!

Is Randy working on a Wave Window with the FAA, sounds like it is
going to be needed.

Fred
Old April 2nd 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Apr 2, 8:17*am, Fred wrote:
On Apr 2, 12:58*am, Tony wrote:

I just noticed on the Talihina yahoo group that Randy Teel climbed to
17,900 today in the wave down by Talihina. *Wow! Congrats!

Is Randy working on a Wave Window with the FAA, sounds like it is
going to be needed.

Fred

I think i've seen traffic on the group that indicates that is in the
works. Obviously yesterdays flight proves the need. Just to be clear
I'm merely an observer to the activity down there. I'm on the yahoo
group but haven't had a chance to go down there and fly the ridge or
wave, yet. Once the cherokee is finished though I'm going to be very
tempted to join them!
Old April 2nd 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Apr 2, 7:51*am, Tony wrote:
On Apr 2, 8:17*am, Fred wrote:

On Apr 2, 12:58*am, Tony wrote:

I just noticed on the Talihina yahoo group that Randy Teel climbed to
17,900 today in the wave down by Talihina. *Wow! Congrats!

Is Randy working on a Wave Window with the FAA, sounds like it is
going to be needed.

Fred

I think i've seen traffic on the group that indicates that is in the
works. *Obviously yesterdays flight proves the need. *Just to be clear
I'm merely an observer to the activity down there. I'm on the yahoo
group but haven't had a chance to go down there and fly the ridge or
wave, yet. *Once the cherokee is finished though I'm going to be very
tempted to join them!

Tony................I saw on the Facebook page where someone said wood
explodes above 10K.....................better be careful!

Brad
Old April 2nd 10, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Apr 2, 10:50*am, Brad wrote:
On Apr 2, 7:51*am, Tony wrote:

On Apr 2, 8:17*am, Fred wrote:

On Apr 2, 12:58*am, Tony wrote:

I just noticed on the Talihina yahoo group that Randy Teel climbed to
17,900 today in the wave down by Talihina. *Wow! Congrats!

Is Randy working on a Wave Window with the FAA, sounds like it is
going to be needed.

Fred

I think i've seen traffic on the group that indicates that is in the
works. *Obviously yesterdays flight proves the need. *Just to be clear
I'm merely an observer to the activity down there. I'm on the yahoo
group but haven't had a chance to go down there and fly the ridge or
wave, yet. *Once the cherokee is finished though I'm going to be very
tempted to join them!

Tony................I saw on the Facebook page where someone said wood
explodes above 10K.....................better be careful!

Brad- Hide quoted text -

ill be sure to wear my parachute!
Old April 2nd 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Tony................I saw on the Facebook page where someone said
wood
explodes above 10K.....................better be careful!

only if you spray it with Pledge...

-p
Old April 2nd 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Apr 2, 10:24*am, sisu1a wrote:
* Tony................I saw on the Facebook page where someone said
wood

explodes above 10K.....................better be careful!

only if you spray it with Pledge...

-p

yes, and Bob K and his sawsall....................
Old April 2nd 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

* Tony................I saw on the Facebook page where someone said
wood

explodes above 10K.....................better be careful!

only if you spray it with Pledge...

-p

yes, and Bob K and his sawsall....................

Bob, if you're reading this I highly recommend you wear a full Tyvec
protective suit and for gods sake man, leave your sawsall in the shop
when at the airfield just on the off chance some Pledge overspray from
one of those overzealous canopy/gelcoat polishers hits you on a high
density altitude day.

To ensure the success and completion of the HP-24 project, you should
make extra copies of the 'master plan' and ensure that Bridgette, Brad
and the others have copies- just in case you do explode...

aul
Old April 3rd 10, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Apr 2, 2:59*pm, sisu1a wrote:
* Tony................I saw on the Facebook page where someone said
wood

explodes above 10K.....................better be careful!

only if you spray it with Pledge...

-p

yes, and Bob K and his sawsall....................

Bob, if you're reading this I highly recommend you wear a full Tyvec
protective suit and for gods sake man, leave your sawsall in the shop
when at the airfield just on the off chance some Pledge overspray from
one of those overzealous canopy/gelcoat polishers hits you on a high
density altitude day.

To ensure the success and completion of the HP-24 project, you should
make extra copies of the 'master plan' and ensure that Bridgette, Brad
and the others have copies- *just in case you do explode...

aul

?? So... Bob explodes if he gets misted with Pledge being applied to a
wooden Glider near 18,000 feet, while using a sawsall to harvest wood
for making leading edge bug wiper paper?? Bob, step away from the
Sawsall, and cover up fer gosh sake!