As heard on 123.3........

Old October 27th 20, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default As heard on 123.3........

On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 11:23:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
At a contest in Region V, i.e., southeastern United States. It was either at Cordele or Perry:

Glider pilot: "Towplane, 5 knots faster, please."
Tow Pilot "Which towplane?"
Glider pilot: "The Pawnee."
Tow Pilot: "Which Pawnee?"
Glider pilot: "The white one."
Tow Pilot: "Which white one?"

There were at least four white Pawnees towing at the contest, all of which had visible identifying letters/numbers. They finally figured out which towplane should fly a little faster.

Ray
W8

I was once towing out of Truckee when a glider being towed out of Minden called "off tow." My towplane did a sudden turn and began a fast descent, and my only option was to release at a lot lower altitude than I wanted. I climbed out okay and they were apologetic (and tore up my tow ticket!). Moral of the story: include your tail number when communicating with the towplane pilot.

Tom
Old October 27th 20, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 8:17:42 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
Moral of the story: include your tail number when communicating
with the towplane pilot.

Even better, use the towplane's tail number!
Old December 22nd 20, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 5:28:11 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 8:17:42 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
Moral of the story: include your tail number when communicating
with the towplane pilot.

Even better, use the towplane's tail number!

Heard at Ione, Mi and Uvalde, TX...............long before GPS!

Honey, It looks like I’m seriously Lima, Oscar, Sierra, Tango!

Answer......sorry, I cant help you with that one!

JJ

Heard on 123.3 PMSC Member Soaring 2 June 27th 08 01:47 AM
Heard on the air Roy Smith General Aviation 0 January 19th 07 03:03 AM
Heard on the air Jon Woellhaf Piloting 1 January 29th 05 02:45 AM
Anyone Heard anything about this ... john smith Piloting 0 January 1st 05 06:20 PM
Don't think I've ever heard that one before Paul Tomblin Piloting 7 November 11th 03 09:11 PM