Fair Tribunals at Guantanamo? (Was: YANK CHILD ABUSERS :: another reason to kill americans abroad ???)

Old July 26th 03, 07:49 PM
Jim Watt

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:10:48 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

Jim Watt wrote:

:On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:55:04 -0700, "TinCanman"
wrote:
:
:I really don't give a tinkers damn about the IRA and Northern Ireland.
:
:Its a convenient example of international terrorism funded and
:supported by Americans.

International only if you consider Northern Ireland a separate nation
from England.

No, the IRA murdered people in Germany, Holland and planned
a substantial operation in Gibraltar

Their joint operation recently with the FARC went badly wrong as you
can see from the Sinn Fein website, where they are campaigning to
bring their terrorists, errr boys, home.

There is also a report that they provided the triggering device
for the OKC bomb, having developed the technology and passed
it on to ETA amongst others.

is that International enough ?
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
Old July 26th 03, 09:26 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Fred J. McCall
writes
Jim Watt wrote:
:Its a convenient example of international terrorism funded and
:supported by Americans.

International only if you consider Northern Ireland a separate nation
from England.

Funded (in part) from the US, based (in part) in the Irish Republic,
armed and trained (in part) by the Libyans, shopping for arms in
Florida, branching off into teaching Colombian terrorists how to kill
policemen and convenient US personnel. What _does_ constitute
"international" to you, Fred?

By your standard, September 11 2001 was an all-domestic affair.

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill

Paul J. Adam
Old July 26th 03, 10:16 PM
Iain Rae

ANDREW ROBERT BREEN wrote:

wrote:
:
:I really don't give a tinkers damn about the IRA and Northern Ireland.
:
:Its a convenient example of international terrorism funded and
:supported by Americans.

International only if you consider Northern Ireland a separate nation

from England.

Several bombing campaigns in Germany, mainly against BAoR, but that's
pretty international.

and there were the Australians killed in Holland

Old July 26th 03, 10:44 PM
TinCanman

"Jim Watt" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:35:55 -0700, "TinCanman"
wrote:

"Jim Watt" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:52:14 -0700, "TinCanman"
wrote:

Your observation there is no war IS irrelevant

Its a legal point, and the reason for introducing the Japanese
premptive strike was that after the war your country used that
to prosecute the Japanese.

The reasons why America refuses to accept an international
criminal court to deal with these problems is clear. You are
the criminals.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Well, that does it for me. If there was ever the slightest doubt why the
U.S. has not signed on to the Uropeen IKK, there exists none now. Not

even a
glimmer.

International not Euopean.
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Not from my perspective. It's merely a continuation of the Uropeen Diplomacy
model designed to hamstring the powerful and level the playing field for the
has beens. That model is in failure mode and is no longer appropriate as is
the U.N. The U.N. as an international forum for mediation has failed. It
sucks up a tremendous amount of resources and provides a platform for the
worlds despots with little to show for the effort; IOW, just more jawboning
lawyers and politicians. I doubt the new world order will be as you have
envisioned it.

Old July 26th 03, 10:57 PM
Fred J. McCall

David Evans wrote:

:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
:: Yet the Americans continued to sponsor terrorism by the IRA
:: who did exactly that, demanded POW status if caught and
:: have now been released.
::
::I really don't give a tinkers damn about the IRA and Northern Ireland.
:
:Most of us don't, but there's always the UK odd sod who feels the need
:to bring them up at every opportunity as an equivalent to any bad
:thing you care to name.
:
:Most of that sort, as Mr Watt above, are unable to differentiate
:between "some Americans" and "the Americans".
:
:"The Americans" did nothing to prevent NORAID collections. That is
:tacit support.

So the IRA was supported by the British (who also did nothing
effective to prevent various collections of funds in various places
and hence must also have been in tacit support)?

See what happens when you start trying to stretch reality to make an
incorrect statement on your part correct?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old July 26th 03, 11:24 PM
Fred J. McCall

Jim Watt wrote:

:On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:09:47 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
:
:Jim Watt wrote:
:
::On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:58:01 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
::
::Of course it does. Because it's not what you want (which is
::apparently these people given their guns back and sent home).
::
::In the case of the British nationals one did not have a gun
::because he was an aid worker and in any event we were
::talking of repatriating both to Britain for a fair trial
::
::The more you talk, the sillier you sound....
::
::Uhuh when the argument fails attack the person presenting it
::and marginalise them. I think I know that tactic.
:
:Yes, I think you do, since it is precisely the basis for your entire
:position.
:
:On the contary, I've kept to facts rather than decending into
eronal abuse - apart from your president who is an
:expletive deleted

Exactly my point. I'm pleased you finally admit that you haven't
bothered to keep to facts in this discussion. Perhaps you're on your
way to getting well. The first step is realizing you're lying and
admitting it....

::But fine, your country kidnaps people holds them illegally, forces
::confessions out of them and then executes them, what exactly are you
:rotecting? freedom?
:
:Who's had a confession 'forced out of them'? Who's been executed?
:
:See what I mean? Make things up and then complain when folks don't
:accept your fantasy as reality.

Ah, I note that you provide no evidence for either of your claims
above. Thank you for demonstrating how well-founded they are.

:I see, its a summer camp then? The reports on the prisoners
:being blindfolded and kept in solitary confinement are false?

If I blindfold you you'll 'confess'? If I put you in a private cell
you'll die? These must be true, since this is the only support you
offer for your claims of confessions "forced out of them" and people
being "executed".

:Glad to hear it.

Me too.

Old July 26th 03, 11:30 PM
Fred J. McCall

Jim Watt wrote:

:On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:10:48 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
:
:Jim Watt wrote:
:
::On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:55:04 -0700, "TinCanman"
wrote:
::
::I really don't give a tinkers damn about the IRA and Northern Ireland.
::
::Its a convenient example of international terrorism funded and
::supported by Americans.
:
:International only if you consider Northern Ireland a separate nation
:from England.
:
:No, the IRA murdered people in Germany, Holland and planned
:a substantial operation in Gibraltar

And who were they going after in Germany? In Holland? In Gibraltar
(where they were pretty much shot out of hand, by the way).

:Their joint operation recently with the FARC went badly wrong as you
:can see from the Sinn Fein website, where they are campaigning to
:bring their terrorists, errr boys, home.

It's gone from 'training' to a 'joint operation' now?

:There is also a report that they provided the triggering device
:for the OKC bomb, having developed the technology and passed
:it on to ETA amongst others.

Any reports of alien abductions?

:is that International enough ?

Given your earlier predilections for distortion of the facts, no, it's
not. You went into their homes, so they started coming out after you.
Hardly the same thing as international terrorism, Mr Watt.

--
"Rule Number One for Slayers - Don't die."
-- Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
Old July 26th 03, 11:53 PM
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN

In article ,
Jim Watt wrote:
Mind you he might make a better president than the one
you have at present.

http://www.runjerryrun.com/

Bill and Opus. No contest.

--
Andy Breen ~ Interplanetary Scintillation research group
Physics Department, UW Aberystwyth
Old July 27th 03, 12:03 AM
Jim Watt

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:24:11 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

:On the contary, I've kept to facts rather than decending into
eronal abuse - apart from your president who is an
:expletive deleted

Exactly my point. I'm pleased you finally admit that you haven't
bothered to keep to facts in this discussion. Perhaps you're on your
way to getting well. The first step is realizing you're lying and
admitting it....

I must have missed something there. Facts are things which can
be established. Opinions are something everyone has. Abuse
is a bad way to try and win an argument, but guess that all thats
available.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
Old July 27th 03, 12:05 AM
Jim Watt

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:26:35 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

(ANDREW ROBERT BREEN) wrote:

:In article ,
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
:Jim Watt wrote:
:
::On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:55:04 -0700, "TinCanman"
wrote:
::
::I really don't give a tinkers damn about the IRA and Northern Ireland.
::
::Its a convenient example of international terrorism funded and
::supported by Americans.
:
:International only if you consider Northern Ireland a separate nation
:from England.
:
:Several bombing campaigns in Germany, mainly against BAoR, but that's
retty international.

Well, since (at least originally) BAoR were the folks being rotated
through Northern Ireland, this seems more like following the opposing
military force back to their 'sanctuaries' and attacking them rather
than international terrorism.

England is not part of Ireland, and the extensive IRA terrorist
campaign in that country, largely funded by Americans, in itself
constitutes international terrorism.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com