engine monitors

Old December 24th 04, 01:16 PM
Rosspilot

Default engine monitors

I am considering installing an engine monitor in my Skyhawk . . . and have
narrowed the search to these two selections:

Gem610 and JPI EDM-700

Any pireps, recommendations, anecdotes, or other feedback?

Thanks in advance . . .

www.Rosspilot.com

Old December 24th 04, 02:19 PM
Viperdoc

I have EDM 700's in my Extra and Baron, and they work great. Aviation
Consumer had a review on these, and based upon their recommendations I went
with the EDM. You can check out their back issues online.

Old December 24th 04, 03:49 PM
john smith

EDM 700.
You can download the data after each flight and plot it using a spreadsheet.

Old December 24th 04, 07:11 PM
No Spam

Although I'd probably pick them, I just heard that EDM changed their data
download format to restrict its usage to only their proprietary software.
They wanted to keep one from using others, such as "EGT Trends".

Anybody else heard that or know why?

Old December 24th 04, 07:39 PM
Hankal

JPI EDM-700

I have this in my Skyhawk and love it.
Old December 24th 04, 10:07 PM
Robert M. Gary

Not exactly. You can still down load it and look at it with a spread
sheet, however they would be very happy to sell your their tracking
tool.

Old December 25th 04, 12:38 AM
Matt Barrow

"Rosspilot" wrote in message
I am considering installing an engine monitor in my Skyhawk . . . and have
narrowed the search to these two selections:

Gem610 and JPI EDM-700

I looked at both of these and went with the JPI due to it's far better (more
better?) usability and functionality.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old December 25th 04, 06:10 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Gene Kearns wrote:

Had a EDM-700 in my last A/C... I'll be installing a UBG-16 in my
current aircraft, this spring....

Why?

--
Ben Jackson