blanik L13 parts

Old September 24th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john

Default blanik L13 parts

Guys, I need a L13 fuselage, my cockpit is ok, but just behind it
between the wings is wrinkled , and the tail cone seperated 1/2 way
back, tail feathers ok. I have a repareable left wing, needs one
skin. for tradeing material, thanks, John Baron 573 565 2819
Missouri

Old September 24th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Fixter

John
Our club in the uk have a complete L13 we are asking =A31000-oo for it =
it has done about 1940 hrs any use to you ?
Regards Ken Fixter.

Old September 25th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike125

On Sep 24, 1:58 pm, john wrote:
Guys, I need a L13 fuselage, my cockpit is ok, but just behind it
between the wings is wrinkled , and the tail cone seperated 1/2 way
back, tail feathers ok. I have a repareable left wing, needs one
skin. for tradeing material, thanks, John Baron 573 565 2819
Missouri

John,

Our club has a damaged L13 that we are willing to sell complete for
$2200 (no instruments - they were stolen) That is what we paid for the
salvage after we damaged it in a ground towing accident and the
insurance company totalled it. Unfortunatetly, it sounds as though
the same area on the fuselage is damaged. We were towing it backwards
to get it painted when the right wing stuck a gate post maybe 10" in
from the outer end of the aileron. This caused the wings to pivot
around the center of the fuselage, wrinkling the the skins below and
aft of the wings for a couple of feet. The left wing was undamaged as
were the cockpit and aft fuselage/tail. This was a slow speed hit and,
although we never opened the wings, It doesn't appear they suffered
any damage other than the right aileron. We bought another L13 and
intended to use the old one for parts but haven't had the need and its
taking up space. To be up front, this damaged L 13 is, itself, a
conglomeration of two or three other damaged L 13s that one of our
members made into one good ship. If you have any interest let me know
and I'll take some photos of the ship. It could take a couple of weeks
as the wreck is inside an enclosed trailer and I'll have to get most
of our very small club out to get the beast out. We are in southern
New Jersey and do not have a trailer for sale with the ship.

Mike Fadden

Old September 30th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Swank Family

Hi John, The Vancouver Soaring Association in Vancouver Canada has an L-13
for sale. It has expired wing life but the fuselage is in good shape.
We are open to offers.

Please feel free to email me at
for more info.

Sincerely,

James Swank, VSA Director
ups.com...

Old October 6th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john

On Sep 25, 7:27 am, Mike125 wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:58 pm, john wrote:

[...]

Mike, It looks like the Vancouver one is the quickest deal, their
fuselage, my wings, and I am off and running, transportation is a big
deal, and crossing the border. it may have to be a parts only deal, I
always hate to knock one in the head, but registration my be a more
trouble that its worth. They and I am working on this transport
thing. If it does not work, I would like to see pictures of the
damage on yours, any chance that is easy for you, no big rush,
thanks, John Barron 573 565 2819