Didn't know that....

Old January 23rd 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Didn't know that....

Rich Ahrens wrote in
. net:

on 1/22/09 10:06 PM Maxwell said the following:
"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
. net...
on 1/21/09 2:40 PM Flydive said the following:
The problem was multiple bird strikes, with most probably
catastrophic engine failure, I don't think you are going to try a
relight in that situation.
Have you been following along at all? As early as last Saturday the
NTSB was reporting that that is exactly what they were doing, based
on interviews with the flight crew backed up by the cockpit
recorder.

From Saturday's NYT:

“My aircraft,” he announced to his first officer, using the standard
phrasing and protocol drilled into airline crews.

“Your aircraft,” Mr. Skiles responded.

With little thrust, and with the plane’s airspeed falling sharply,
Captain Sullenberger lowered the nose to keep his plane from falling
out of the sky. And he set his co-pilot to work at moving through a
three-page checklist of procedures for restarting both the engines.

Hey Bich, long time. Still shadowing your hero ButtLipp I see.

Nope. Laughing my ass at how he's wiping the floor with you and how
you're too thick to realize it.

More like wiping the toilet with him, keeping in mind his golden shower
fetish...

Bertie
Old January 24th 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :

"Flydive" wrote in message

You are arguing with the functional equivalent of a Japanese radio.

He doesn't even possess the ability to realize he is wrong.

Yeh, do tell know nothing boi

Bertie

Truth hurts dumb ass. Just like you twisted insistence on answering every
post, even to post arguments totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

You are obsessed with yourself. Enjoy, I find it a constant source of
entertainment.

Old January 24th 09, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

:

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in :

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Flydive wrote in
:

wrote:
On Jan 20, 3:51 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:28:27 -0800 (PST),
wrote:
Where on the checklist is the instruction to flip this switch?
The manual states:

At 2000 ft

CABIN PRESS MODE SEL.............................Check AUTO
ENG 1 & 2 BLEED, APU BLEED.......................OFF
P/B DITCHING.....................................ON
P/A............................................."TOU CHDOWN IN
ONE MINUTE" Aim for an impact with an 11° body angle and minimum
ROD.

Poster

However if you're also working an inflight engine unstart which
takes precedence? Clarification: two engine unstart w/inflight
emergency. Quite a bit different from a situation that begins at
cruise altitude or with only *one* emergency rather than a
sequence of events. As a PAX I would rather know that the crew
are concentrating on landing the aircraft (ditching) as gently as
possible.

That silly switch won't do a thing to save the buoyancy if the
fuselage is fractured by a rough ditching...a point one everyone
seems to miss.

I would hazard (grin) a guess that the final review will show
them to have maintained situational awareness with the
concomitant priority management.

Again, there are 2 pilots in the cockpit, only one is steering the
aircraft. If the captain was flying the aircraft, what was the
copilot doing in those 7-8 minutes if he was not going through the
emergency checklist? What the use of a perfect water landing if
then the aircraft quickly fill with water because the ditching
checklist has not been done?

There were dozens of things he would be doing. One, determining
waht the problem was.
Then, dealing with the immediate problem, an engine failure.
Immediate relight attempt. Probably the APU was fired up to assist
in the relight. as they would have been too slow for a windmill
start. Then a quick call to ATC and probalby a couple of nav
selections for the captain to look for a runway they could plunk it
on.Then back to the relight drill. We're taught to keep trying that
to the bitter end, BTW. They take a minute or so so he wouldn't
have had time for more than one or two, and that would have been
after the APU had fired up, say at abotu 1200'. A couple of calls
to the cabin would have been tossed in their somewhere as well.
The act of picking up the book and finding the ditching checklist
would have taken a good 20-30 seconds...Time they simply did not
have. And this scenario is not done in the sim, so there would have
been no trigger for it. BTW, I'm beign generous with the actions
they may or may not have accomplished in the time they had. But all
of them would come ahead of doing a "nice to do " ditching
checklist.

Bertie

save the bed time story, you're starting to rattle more than Dudley.

Yeh, right wannabe boi.

Bertie

Really, you're beginning to talk more **** than a Jap radio.

Well, any radio is going to talk **** in OKie, wannabe boi.
Bertie

1

Old January 24th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in newsCbel.4460$k57.1851
@newsfe09.iad:

your syphilitic cough doing these days?

Ewww.

Bertie

Bertie the echo puppet.

Maxwell, the zero.

Bertie

Yeah, like that's related.

Old January 24th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

wrote in message

So, so, did your wife ever get better?

* JANUARY 23, 2009, 3:29 A.M. ET

First Embryonic Stem-Cell Trial Gets Approval From the FDA

Maybe there is hope for her yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old January 24th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Make up your mind Maxie, you insinuated that this was not correct in
your last post..

Bertie

Sure I did putz, enjoy your delusion.

Old January 24th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in news

Maybe you should learn to fly something other than your desk.

I have Maxie...

Bertie

Old January 24th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Because I fly airplanes like that for a living Maxie, how abotu you?

Bertie

Prove it. You fly noting but a desk.

Old January 24th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in
:

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
. net...
on 1/21/09 2:40 PM Flydive said the following:
The problem was multiple bird strikes, with most probably
catastrophic engine failure, I don't think you are going to try a
relight in that situation.

Have you been following along at all? As early as last Saturday the
NTSB was reporting that that is exactly what they were doing, based
on interviews with the flight crew backed up by the cockpit recorder.

From Saturday's NYT:

“My aircraft,” he announced to his first officer, using the standard
phrasing and protocol drilled into airline crews.

“Your aircraft,” Mr. Skiles responded.

With little thrust, and with the plane’s airspeed falling sharply,
Captain Sullenberger lowered the nose to keep his plane from falling
out of the sky. And he set his co-pilot to work at moving through a
three-page checklist of procedures for restarting both the engines.

Hey Bich, long time. Still shadowing your hero ButtLipp I see.

Bwawhahwha
As if you left any rooom for that, Maxie..

Admit it You Luuuuuurve me!

Mwuuahw!

Bertie

There you go, cover for your sock puppet.

Old January 24th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Maxwell[_2_]

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
. net...
on 1/22/09 10:06 PM Maxwell said the following:
"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
. net...
on 1/21/09 2:40 PM Flydive said the following:
The problem was multiple bird strikes, with most probably catastrophic
engine failure, I don't think you are going to try a relight in that
situation.
Have you been following along at all? As early as last Saturday the NTSB
was reporting that that is exactly what they were doing, based on
interviews with the flight crew backed up by the cockpit recorder.

From Saturday's NYT:

“My aircraft,” he announced to his first officer, using the standard
phrasing and protocol drilled into airline crews.

“Your aircraft,” Mr. Skiles responded.

With little thrust, and with the plane’s airspeed falling sharply,
Captain Sullenberger lowered the nose to keep his plane from falling out
of the sky. And he set his co-pilot to work at moving through a
three-page checklist of procedures for restarting both the engines.

Hey Bich, long time. Still shadowing your hero ButtLipp I see.

Nope. Laughing my ass at how he's wiping the floor with you and how you're
too thick to realize it.

Still as stupid and obsessed with Gertie as ever. Good job retard.