Sinus on WW for 89 K

Old June 30th 20, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Sinus on WW for 89 K

This looks very nice, fairly new.
I don't know anything about these planes; can you soar them or do you need to be under a Cu-Nim to go XC?
Nick
Old June 30th 20, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Nick,

They actually climb quite well and you can get your speed down while thermalling into the 30 kt range. They are also quite light on the controls and easy to manoeuvre, unlike the Dimona (for example).

Two problems I noted while thermalling:
1. The high wing makes it problematic to look into the turn
2. The over head ceiling and "A" pillars also reduce visibility. There is a window in the ceiling that helps, but ... visibility is certainly not the same as a bubble canopy glider.

The downside of course is the 30:1 best L/D means you need to climb a lot to go places.

Old June 30th 20, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 6/30/20 1:38 PM, Nick Kennedy wrote:
This looks very nice, fairly new.
I don't know anything about these planes; can you soar them or do you need to be under a Cu-Nim to go XC?
Nick

640 hrs on Rotax engine, 603 hrs TT. A bit unusual. Not sure I'd trust
an old Rotax like that, regardless of what the story is.
Old June 30th 20, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Nick,

Sinus is in the same category with Lambada. I own a Lambada and I've test flown the Sinus. Neither are really power off cross country machines. In strong conditions, yes, sometimes it works. They are great as very fuel efficient airplanes for trips and sightseeing and for taking up friends and family on soaring demonstration fun flights. The Lambada is a little better performance than the Sinus and the Lambada actually has decent baggage space for taking a spouse on cross country trips. My low time 2008 Lambada is in always-hangared pristine condition and is also on W&W; now at the ridiculously low price of 67,500.