Nixus Project

Old January 29th 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nixus Project

Who is the "driver" of the Nixus Project and where are they located? Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/NixusProject/
Old January 29th 17, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 9:44:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Who is the "driver" of the Nixus Project and where are they located? Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/NixusProject/

Pablo Iscold is designer and backer is a Brazilian. Cool project, even though I'm not a long span no turn type of driver. 28m with big aspect ratio and automatic flap control. Neat stuff and could be the next incorporation into gliders.
Old January 30th 17, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sergio

Hello,

I'm working together with Paulo on the Nixus project. I own the ASH 30 and have known Paulo for a long time, he is an excellent aeronautics engineer and has designed and build two records smashing power planes.

After many tries, I finally persuaded him to design a new wing for the 30. It will be 28 m long, 6 fly by wires ailerons per wing, auto flap and probably up to 65 kg/m2 wing loading.

At the moment, airfoil profiles are being finished, with the help of Prof. Loek Boermans of Delft University.

As a matter of fact, I will probably export my 30 from Brazil to US. It is registered here as experimental-competition.

Suggestions of simple way to enter and fly in the US (Minden) are more than welcome

Sergio
Old January 30th 17, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

I meant Paulo. Must of been spell check or typing to fast.

Glad you commented Sergio. I met Paulo last week and the project sounds exciting.

Casey
Old January 30th 17, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jock Proudfoot

At 14:44 29 January 2017, wrote:
Who is the "driver" of the Nixus Project . . . . . . ?

"driver" is Sergio Lins Andrade.
Old January 31st 17, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 1:13:20 PM UTC-8, Sergio wrote:

Suggestions of simple way to enter and fly in the US (Minden) are more than welcome

It shouldn't be too hard to get your sailplane certificated here as Experimental, Racing. You'll need to work with a Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR) to inspect the aircraft and make sure all the paperwork is in order. I'm sure Paulo is familiar with the process from his experience on the Red Bull circuit.

Thanks, Bob K.

https://www.facebook.com/HP-24-Sailp...-200931354951/
Old February 1st 17, 10:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks, Bob
Old March 8th 19, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

https://www.facebook.com/NixusPsroject/

Nixus Project and a couple of other sources confirm the maiden flight earlier this week at Castle Airport, CA.Â* 35 minutes, piloted by Jim Payne.Â*Â*
Old March 8th 19, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 9:40:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/NixusPsroject/

Nixus Project and a couple of other sources confirm the maiden flight earlier this week at Castle Airport, CA.Â* 35 minutes, piloted by Jim Payne.Â*Â*

Broken link.
Jim
Old March 8th 19, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 12:10:06 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:

Broken link.
Jim

Not broken. Just an extra letter in there. Try this one:

https://www.facebook.com/NixusProject/

Steve

NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (05/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (07/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (18/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (01/35) - NASA Project Mercury Pics.part12.rar (01/35) - NASA Projec The Old Bloke[_9_] Aviation Photos 5 August 18th 08 07:37 AM
HP-24 Project Wayne Paul Home Built 12 February 14th 08 07:11 AM
looking for a project Dave[_16_] Instrument Flight Rules 2 October 29th 07 05:43 PM
Which Project would be best? Tim Hickey Home Built 12 September 17th 06 11:02 PM
Looking for Project to Help With Larry Telford Home Built 1 June 8th 05 08:10 PM