Glider Pilot Dress Code

Old April 30th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chipsoars

Default Glider Pilot Dress Code

On Apr 30, 1:41 pm, Paul Hanson
wrote:
Serious GRS jersey Chip.
You'd look right at home on the roads around Boulder
(or SF, I'm sure)
;-)

Shawn

If you're in SF, make sure there aren't any holes in
your pockets. If a
quarter falls out, you'll have to kick it all the way
to San Jose before you
can bend over to pick it up!

Hmmm, or maybe thats what the padded buns are actually
for...

Paul Hanson
"Do the usual, unusually well"--Len Niemi- Hide quoted text -

Well I'm glad to have provided RAS some amusement...........

Chip F.

Old May 1st 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I think meybe he is a plumb smuggler?

Old May 1st 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Glick

Hey Chip.......All of us at Mifflin look forward to harrassing you as well.
I have seen worse biking outfitts..........I just don't remember when!!!!!
LOL

Brian Glick

wrote in message
oups.com...
I think meybe he is a plumb smuggler?

Old May 1st 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chipsoars

On May 1, 10:01 am, "Brian Glick" wrote:
Hey Chip.......All of us at Mifflin look forward to harrassing you as well.
I have seen worse biking outfitts..........I just don't remember when!!!!!
LOL

Brian Glick

wrote in message

oups.com...

I think meybe he is a plumb smuggler?- Hide quoted text -

Gee thanks Brian, I can hardly wait. Maybe I'll just show up like
that to the safety meeting to lighten it up a bit. I don't think I'm
the only cycling glider pilot though.

I don't know and really am not sure if I want to know what the

KK, I'll be thinking of something real special in return of this
favor. There might even be some contest guys willing to help in this
regard too.

Chip
KKjr

Old May 1st 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan G

http://www.pgcsoaring.org/ops%202007/chip%20outfit.jpg

KK

Is it a safety thing? Must improve glider visibility somewhat...

Dan

Old May 1st 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SAM 303a

"chipsoars" wrote in message
that to the safety meeting to lighten it up a bit. I don't think I'm
the only cycling glider pilot though.
Chip
KKjr

Orville & Wilbur are two that come to mind.

I like to take my bike out the the field and go for a ride in the country.
But good god man, I change into crummy shorts and an old spar grease stained
shirt and a funny hat before flying. Have a little respect.

Old May 1st 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn[_3_]

wrote in message

oups.com...

I think meybe he is a plumb smuggler?- Hide quoted text -

Gee thanks Brian, I can hardly wait. Maybe I'll just show up like
that to the safety meeting to lighten it up a bit. I don't think I'm
the only cycling glider pilot though.

Not hardly! I posted my response from experience.
I'm off right now to ride around the Boulder area in spandex myself. :-)

Shawn
Old May 1st 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

have a photo?

Old May 1st 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Vincent

"Dan G" wrote in message
ps.com...
http://www.pgcsoaring.org/ops%202007/chip%20outfit.jpg

KK

Is it a safety thing? Must improve glider visibility somewhat...

Dan

Well, all the field assistants at PGC are required to wear those funky
orange or green visibility jackets. I guess now the pilots are required to
dress as well.

Old May 1st 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chipsoars

On May 1, 3:25 pm, "Jim Vincent" wrote:
"Dan G" wrote in message

ps.com...

http://www.pgcsoaring.org/ops%202007/chip%20outfit.jpg

KK

Is it a safety thing? Must improve glider visibility somewhat...

Dan

Well, all the field assistants at PGC are required to wear those funky
orange or green visibility jackets. I guess now the pilots are required to
dress as well.

To set the record straight, I showed up a the field (which is close to
home) to meet another pilot and go out on a ride from the field, like
anyone will believe that on this group. But I did give a spring check
ride while waiting that went for an hour. I did notice that the local
vultures were seemed to be avoiding us.

Geez, can't you find a PW-5 or 1-26 pilot to pick

Kochanski, wipe that silly smirk off your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dress Code Newps Piloting 130 October 11th 06 11:34 PM
glider pilot net None Soaring 3 July 28th 05 02:29 AM
We have one glider pilot less iPilot Soaring 0 April 18th 05 06:38 AM
Dress blues needed by volunteer John Miller Naval Aviation 13 August 22nd 04 08:10 AM
Double-knit dress blues? John Miller Naval Aviation 0 July 18th 04 04:20 PM