Travolta - did he ever ditch an aircraft?

Old March 15th 04, 06:51 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, (Kevin Darling) said:
Apparently both Shatner and Nimoy were taking flying lessons at the
time, so it was an inside joke.

Neither is listed in the pilot database at landings.com, so I guess they
didn't finish?

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Old March 15th 04, 07:07 PM
Blanche

Beam Me Up Scotty wrote:
Kevin Darling wrote:

Thanks. Nice list of pilot actors. On a humorous note, in one second
season episode of Star Trek, you can clearly see Spock use an aluminum
E6B to compute how long it'll take before the Enterprise spirals out
of orbit.

Was that regular aluminum or transparent aluminum???

*spit take* all over the keyboard!

On the topic of actors -- I remember seeing a list of actors
with PPL or better on the back of an aviation book or magazine.
Can't remember where. But a number of the Star Trek actors
are on the list. Ah, wait...the back cover of Rod Machado's
PPL book:

James Arness (marshall dillon!)
Dirk Benedict
Jimmy Buffett (what? you don't think that's an act onstage?)
LeVar Burton (ST:TNG)
Johnny Carson
Tom Cruise
Bob Cummings
Michael Dorn (ST:TNG)
Hugh Downs
Clint Eastwood
Sarah Ferguson (Duchess of York -- helicopters only, I think)
Michael J Fox (altho I bet he's lost his medical now)
Mickey Gilley
David Hartnam
Geore Kennedy
Harriet Nelson (Hi Mom, Hi Dad, Hi Ricky)
Paul Newman
Leonard Nimoy
Susan Oliver
Dennis Quaid
Cliff Robertson
Kurt Russell
Bill Shatner
Jimmy Stewart

Phil Hartman
Dave Coulir

Nimoy's daughters once described traveling with Dad in his
twin all over the US when he was working in theatres.

Old March 16th 04, 12:42 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

Paul Tomblin wrote:

[1] If he was working on it when he was working on Star Trek, I assume
he'd be working on it in the US. I don't think he's lived in Canada since
then.

Oh come now folks...... You should be checking the right databases.

You need to check the intergallactic federation of intersteller
captains and navigators database.
Old March 16th 04, 01:10 AM
Blanche

From the late 90s --

Can anyone give me an E-Mail address for any Star Trek characters ?
-----
For the TNG crew, most are awaiting re-assignment, but try

where xxxx is the first letter of the first name followed by the first
7 characters of the last name and rrr is the rank, eg CPT for Captain,
LCR for Lt Commander, etc.

For the DS9 crew, same name format but no rank needed at the domain

-----
So, what would the e-mail addresses be for the voyager crew be? Something
like:

I'd hate to have to set up *that* net server.
-----
So, what would the e-mail addresses be for the voyager crew be?

I'd hate to have to set up *that* net server.

No provider in the quadrant yet....still dealing with DSL & OC24 lines, the
Communications Decency Act legislation and other hassles....*g*

Wonder if you can string a T1 line thru a wormhole.....?
-----
Dear Miss Manners,

thank you so much for providing the e-mail addresses of the Star Trek
characters. I had a blast talking to them, they are a nice bunch.

I would be forever in your debt, if you can tell me how to contact the
characters in the Mirror, Mirror universe. (fed.gov seems to be the wrong
domain.) These people are so _interesting_!

I would especially like to chat with the intendant. She is so... ambiguous.
-----
contact the characters in the Mirror, Mirror universe.
(fed.gov seems to be the wrong domain.)

There are lots of alt universes on the internet...

alt.startrek.creative
alt.sex.fetish.startrek
alt.barney.die.die.die
alt.bald.captains

and so on. Seems like the writers of TtLG have been spending too much time
on a.s.f.s!

I would especially like to chat with the intendant. She is so... ambiguous.

uh-huh. merely "chat"...?
-----
I'm kind of new at this so I have to ask? You can send e-mail & talk to Star
Trek characters? For example my favorite character is Chief O'Brien, how
would I send a message?
-----
One more time, because many people didn't have time to read the original
message, due to the scroll rate here.

email addresses for the characters

The TNG crew is currently awaiting orders for their new postings. You can
probably find them at
where rrr is a 3 character
rank, eg CPT is Captain, LCR is Lt Commander, etc. And xxxxx is the first
5 characters of their last name and ff is the first 2 letters of their
first name. Once posted to active duty, the domain will, of course, change.

The original TOS crew, for the most part, have retired. Fortunately, all
have aliases thru the Star Fleet retirement plan. Try reaching them at

The DS9 crew is the easiest to find:

However, the non-Federation crew will have slightly different domain names,

Altho I did mention to Anne potential communication with the
other quadrants, I've been assured during the past couple days by TelCal that
currently there is no way to reach the Voyager crew since OC24 lines cannot
be strung thru wormholes. Sorry. Same for the alternate universe crews.

Old March 16th 04, 06:42 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Blanche" wrote in message
On the topic of actors -- I remember seeing a list of actors
with PPL or better on the back of an aviation book or magazine.
Can't remember where. But a number of the Star Trek actors
are on the list. Ah, wait...the back cover of Rod Machado's
PPL book:

James Arness (marshall dillon!)
Dirk Benedict
Jimmy Buffett (what? you don't think that's an act onstage?)

He owns several aircraft and flys his crew around to concerts in a Falcon
(50??)

LeVar Burton (ST:TNG)
Johnny Carson
Tom Cruise
Bob Cummings
Michael Dorn (ST:TNG)

Owns/fly his own Sabre (corp jet, not the F86)

Hugh Downs
Clint Eastwood

(flys a Bell 206B3, used to have a MD500)

Dennis Quaid

(leanred to fly when filming "Right Stuff")

Cliff Robertson
Kurt Russell

(Cessna Conquest)

Old March 16th 04, 02:02 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Tom Sixkiller" said:
"Blanche" wrote in message
Michael Dorn (ST:TNG)

Owns/fly his own Sabre (corp jet, not the F86)

Wasn't Dorn the one who bought a jet warbird and then sold it when he
realized it was registered as "experimental/exhibition" so it wasn't much
use to him?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I don't have a sense of humour, merely an over-exaggerated sense
Old March 16th 04, 02:21 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Blanche" wrote in message
Michael Dorn (ST:TNG)

Owns/fly his own Sabre (corp jet, not the F86)

Wasn't Dorn the one who bought a jet warbird and then sold it when he
realized it was registered as "experimental/exhibition" so it wasn't much
use to him?

Larry Ellison of Oracle maybe?