Sell your sailplane before 2030

Old July 13th 15, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Default Sell your sailplane before 2030

Unless you have ridge or wave nearby.
A huge reduction in solar output is predicted to occur by then.
http://phys.org/news/2015-07-irregul...en-dynamo.html
Old July 13th 15, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Fixter[_2_]

At 15:18 13 July 2015, Soartech wrote:
Unless you have ridge or wave nearby.
A huge reduction in solar output is predicted to occur by then.
http://phys.org/news/2015-07-irregul...at-sun-driven-

dynamo.html

I think you may finde that it is all driven by the sun.
KF

Old July 13th 15, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 11:18:08 AM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:
Unless you have ridge or wave nearby.
A huge reduction in solar output is predicted to occur by then.
http://phys.org/news/2015-07-irregul...en-dynamo.html

nah, i think i'll just keep trying anyway.
Old July 13th 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hirst

A huge reduction in solar output is predicted to occur by then.

Thankfully, they mean sunspot activity, not heat output, though the lack of sunspots will likely cause some noticeable weather changes.
(http://www.space.com/19280-solar-act...h-climate.html)

If things do get worse, then hopefully by 2030 we'll have got better at scratching around in weak conditions, so we'll be sorted.
Old July 13th 15, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 08:18:05 -0700, Soartech wrote:

Unless you have ridge or wave nearby.
A huge reduction in solar output is predicted to occur by then.
http://phys.org/news/2015-07-irregul...en-dynamo.html

You mean climate change is real??? And this one's got nothing to do with
AG driving his 20 SUV's around. Maybe he can buy all those carbon
credits back that he sold to some really really stupid people.
Old July 13th 15, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:09:42 -0700, David Hirst wrote:

A huge reduction in solar output is predicted to occur by then.

Thankfully, they mean sunspot activity, not heat output, though the lack
of sunspots will likely cause some noticeable weather changes.
(http://www.space.com/19280-solar-act...h-climate.html)

There may well be a connection: the Maunder Minimum, when there were very
few sunspots from 1645 to about 1715, coincided with the middle part of
the Little Ice Age (1350 to about 1850), during which Europe and North
America experienced very cold winters. However, as AFAIK there was no
good understanding of either IR or UV radiation during the Maunder
Minimum nor any reliable means of measuring the amount of solar energy
reaching the Earth, any association between the two events is at best
supposition, but should it happen again we are now well enough
instrumented to discover what, if any, mechanism connects the two.

If things do get worse, then hopefully by 2030 we'll have got better at
scratching around in weak conditions, so we'll be sorted.

Could be a problem if reduced solar energy stabilises the atmosphere. But
that seems unlikely, simply because I've never seen any reports of a
large drop in the population of raptors and other land-based soaring
birds during the Maunder Minimum. If soaring had gotten difficult then,
I'd have expected it to have affected birds that find food by soaring.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old July 14th 15, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If anyone wants to dump a new condition Arcus I'll give you $10K for it....you deliver of course!!
Old July 14th 15, 04:47 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hirst View Post
A huge reduction in solar output is predicted to occur by then.

Thankfully, they mean sunspot activity, not heat output, though the lack of sunspots will likely cause some noticeable weather changes.
(http://www.space.com/19280-solar-act...h-climate.html)

If things do get worse, then hopefully by 2030 we'll have got better at scratching around in weak conditions, so we'll be sorted.
Better look after that turbo David, it might come in handy when the rest of us can't stay up anymore

:-) Colin
Old July 14th 15, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

"We're gonna need a bigger wing!"
Old July 14th 15, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hirst

Better look after that turbo David, it might come in handy when the rest
of us can't stay up anymore

Surely having wingtips in two different time-zones will help you too, Colin :-)

SELL: PNA HP 310 /314 TRKA Soaring 0 October 17th 10 09:21 PM
By 2030, commercial passengers will routinely fly in pilotlessplanes. Bob Fry General Aviation 101 April 28th 10 10:43 PM
By 2030, commercial passengers will routinely fly in pilotlessplanes. Bob Fry Piloting 103 October 10th 05 01:33 AM
Buy and Sell GSE knowmad Piloting 0 September 29th 05 07:46 PM
Chadwick to sell clescure Rotorcraft 2 June 19th 04 03:08 AM