V7 screen freezing

Old September 3rd 14, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom (2NO)

Default V7 screen freezing

Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but not changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air issue.

Old September 3rd 14, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:24:06 PM UTC-7, Tom (2NO) wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but not changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air issue.

I have this exact problem running 3.01 and i think, 3.1 firmware. Screen freezes, sound goes to zero, power to GPS is interrupted, and NMEA from GPS (PowerFlarm core) is interrupted to PDA (Oudie) I reported it to LXNav and they think it's a software problem and asked if I could try and push the button during a freeze to see if the McCready screen pops up. No other suggestions from them... Please report your issue to Uros at:

Matt
Old September 4th 14, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:24:06 PM UTC-7, Tom (2NO) wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but not changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air issue.

I also cannot get flarm alerts on my V7. The "display flarm" enabled option will not stay checked. My setup is;

V7 powered by main batteries
Powerflarm core powered by V7, connected through GPS cable
Flarmview connected to PF Core
Oudie connected to V7

I do get flarm warnings on the FlarmView, and also on SeeYou on the oudie, so I know they are getting to the V7, but the V7 will not display them at ay time.
Old September 4th 14, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

On 09/04/2014 10:40 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:24:06 PM UTC-7, Tom (2NO) wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but not changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air issue.

I also cannot get flarm alerts on my V7. The "display flarm" enabled option will not stay checked. My setup is;

V7 powered by main batteries
Powerflarm core powered by V7, connected through GPS cable
Flarmview connected to PF Core
Oudie connected to V7

I do get flarm warnings on the FlarmView, and also on SeeYou on the oudie, so I know they are getting to the V7, but the V7 will not display them at ay time.

You need to be running latest firmware of both V7 and PowerFlarm. I get
FLARM, ADS-B, and PCAS alerts on my V7

Luke
Old September 4th 14, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:24:06 PM UTC-4, Tom (2NO) wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but not changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air issue.

It might be a power issue. See this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/v7$20/rec.aviation.soaring/lmcPBqJgXRo/sHXvb_ZmHpYJ

If you're powering everything from the V7, it may be too much.

Dan
2D
Old September 4th 14, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I had the same problem. I worked through it by disconnecting everything, ie oudie and pflarm and the issue did not resolve. In digging around behind the panel I noted the V7 was very hot to the touch. That suggests an overheating issue?

Mark
Old September 6th 14, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:24:06 PM UTC-7, Tom (2NO) wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but not changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air issue.

I thought this too, so made a cable to power the flarm core separately. V7 still crashed, but no longer crashed the PF.

Old September 6th 14, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:24:06 PM UTC-7, Tom (2NO) wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but not changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air issue.

I am running the attest firmware- no flarm alerts
Old September 14th 14, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alan Montague[_2_]

I had this problem, Uros was unable to solve it. He sent me a replacement
V7 that did the same. I tried disconnecting everything to no avail. It
happened more often in very hot weather. When I changed my glider's
batteries this year from 14 volts to 12 volts the problem went away. It
seems to work continuously now.

The manual says "10-16 volts DC" input and I wonder if my hot battery was
producing a voltage close to the upper limit.
Alan

Old September 15th 14, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:54:15 PM UTC-7, Alan Montague wrote:
[...]

Please give me a call. There is a solution to this problem

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

fin/wing tanks freezing Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 34 June 10th 13 03:14 PM
Now we have freezing rain! GARY BOGGS Soaring 9 January 21st 12 03:28 PM
FSX Crashing /freezing ! Kekke Simulators 1 July 19th 07 09:54 AM
Screen freezing. W.Lindsay Simulators 3 May 10th 06 09:03 PM
GPS_LOG freezing and freezing cernauta Soaring 4 May 8th 05 06:39 PM