Oudie and Condor

Old September 24th 14, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GeneReinecke

Default Oudie and Condor

I want to do some flying in Condor this winter and use my Oudie 2 as a PNA (screen PDA in Condor is too small, not configurable.) Can anybody coach me through the cables/Wifi/Bluetooth connection so the Oudie can get position, altitude,speed, etc. from Condor? Computer is a Windows 8 based Lenovo with good graphics, sound etc.
Also, are there any other simple PNA devices running LK8000 or similar that would do the trick?
Thanks in advance.
Gene Reinecke
generein at aol dot com
Old September 24th 14, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/godda...dor-Oudie-1p5m is, I believe, what you will need to use Oudie.

Old September 24th 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult[_2_]

On 2014-09-23 23:36:53 +0000, GeneReinecke said:

I want to do some flying in Condor this winter and use my Oudie 2 as a
PNA (screen PDA in Condor is too small, not configurable.) Can anybody
coach me through the cables/Wifi/Bluetooth connection so the Oudie can
get position, altitude,speed, etc. from Condor? Computer is a Windows 8
based Lenovo with good graphics, sound etc.Also, are there any other
simple PNA devices running LK8000 or similar that would do the
trick?Thanks in advance.
Gene Reinecke
generein at aol dot com

You know about the Y key, right?

Old September 24th 14, 11:20 AM
Josh Fletcher Josh Fletcher is offline
Junior Member

Gene,

I bought a cable (4 months ago) from Glidertools.com to connect my Oudie 2 directly to my computer via USB. It was plug and play and works perfectly every time. It is not listed on the website anymore, at least I don't believe it is, however if you email Vladimir (the owner) he will make you one. You can get his email from the website, but if you need it let me know and I will send it to you directly.

Hope this helps you out!
Josh
Old June 10th 15, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

--
Josh Fletcher

Hi Josh,

I bought a cable from Vladimir but cannot get it to work with my Oudie 2 IGC. I'd be curious to know which model Oudie you have, the OS your are running and the parameters you used to make the link to Condor.

Cheers,

Rian
Old June 10th 15, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Rian,

I sell a very nice Goddard cable for connecting an Oudie or Oudie 2 to a PC
for use with Condor.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/godda...ndor-Oudie-1p5

However, no cable can be used to send Condor data to an Oudie IGC. The IGC
required that the Oudie IGC not be able to receive GPS data from any
external source. I mention that in my Oudie comparison table he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...mparison_Table

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Condor Evan Ludeman[_4_] Soaring 29 March 13th 13 02:16 AM
Condor Thanksgiving and Condor Christmas Contests [email protected] Soaring 0 October 22nd 12 03:33 PM
Condor+SYM/HP310? sisu1a Soaring 5 November 25th 10 01:20 AM
TL-232 Condor for sale Sten-Anders Fellman Aviation Marketplace 0 September 26th 04 03:29 PM