And so..... OLC starts anew...

Old September 24th 14, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Default And so..... OLC starts anew...

My best year yet. I didn't do well in the OLC Champion category, but did well in the all flights and perhaps logged more flights than anybody else? 347 flights logged. Are you happy with your results for last year?

Boggs
Old September 24th 14, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blake Seese 9V

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:30:51 PM UTC-6, Waveguru wrote:
My best year yet. I didn't do well in the OLC Champion category, but did well in the all flights and perhaps logged more flights than anybody else? 347 flights logged. Are you happy with your results for last year?

Boggs

I for one am not. Had so many problems with Flarm/Oudie combo that I lost virtually all my good flights. Even if I had posted all my flights, the year would not have been nearly as good as previous years. (Gotta work less) How in the world do you log 347 flights in a year? I'm jealous!
Old September 24th 14, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

How in the world do you log 347 flights in a year? I'm jealous!

..... he gets someone else to pay for the tow!

Mike

Old September 24th 14, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:24:31 PM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:
How in the world do you log 347 flights in a year? I'm jealous!

.... he gets someone else to pay for the tow!

Mike

He logs Demo flights and tries to do a XC with the customer!
Old September 24th 14, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Yea, 2014 has been a great soaring season for me
Old September 24th 14, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

2014 was better than 2013, but still not as good as 2012 or 2011. Had personal frustrations with OLC. Lost two flights because I changed the declaration in flight. I understand that should disqualify from BHC entry, but why from any other category of OLC? Lost one flight due to a power cycle in flight that caused a 28 second gap in logging while the logger went through its powerup cycle.

But, I digress. Thank you, OLC, for again providing a fun place to host file sharing, and looking forward to the 2015 OLC Season. I see I am already falling behind!

Steve Leonard
Old September 24th 14, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:30:51 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
Are you happy with your results for last year?
Boggs

Kinda OK. It's been a cool, damp year here, but I got in more soaring
than last year. Had a couple of nice flights -- running the sea breeze
front on Lake Erie was a high point, as was introducing a student to
soaring and claiming 50km in a 2-33. I guess it's like golf; you go out
and shoot a crappy score, but have a nice drive or two and pitch one
up close from the rough, and you call it a good day.

Matt
Old September 24th 14, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:30:51 PM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
My best year yet. I didn't do well in the OLC Champion category, but did well in the all flights and perhaps logged more flights than anybody else? 347 flights logged. Are you happy with your results for last year?

Boggs

Then I guess you must have liked our Arizona summer?
Old September 24th 14, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Then I guess you must have liked our Arizona summer?

This is some of the best soaring on planet earth, IMHO...
Check out this video of some of the weather we've had here in the Desert Southwest this summer.

http://alturl.com/h3ur9

Boggs
Old September 24th 14, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:30:51 PM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
My best year yet. I didn't do well in the OLC Champion category, but did well in the all flights and perhaps logged more flights than anybody else? 347 flights logged. Are you happy with your results for last year?

Boggs

it was a good season for me but I stopped posting to OLC and used Skylines instead.

GK

Optimising regatta starts Simon Taylor[_2_] Soaring 10 November 23rd 12 04:52 PM
Fun already already starts at Oshkosh... Charles Vincent Home Built 0 July 24th 07 04:39 AM
Shotgun Starts Dick Home Built 14 October 5th 05 02:24 AM
EAA Airventure 2005 Starts on a Monday Fitzair4 Home Built 9 September 21st 04 03:04 AM
Cold Starts Viperdoc Owning 66 February 26th 04 08:51 PM