RAAF Amberley Airshow ca.1976

Old January 8th 09, 09:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

Default RAAF Amberley Airshow ca.1976

Came across some old Kodak Colour Transparencies.
So armed with my new toy I've started to scan some.
The colours have faded somewhat over last 33 years & have gained a bit of
grime as well, so the quality isn't as good as it might be.

Be warned there's about another 15 or so to come.

Note the control tower is being buzzed by a fleet of UFO's. :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F111  A8-141.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	32082
Old January 8th 09, 09:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_2_]

"TacAN" wrote in message
Came across some old Kodak Colour Transparencies.
So armed with my new toy I've started to scan some.
The colours have faded somewhat over last 33 years & have gained a bit of
grime as well, so the quality isn't as good as it might be.

Be warned there's about another 15 or so to come.

Note the control tower is being buzzed by a fleet of UFO's. :-)

Cool beans, scanned a couple or three myself.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phantom at Edinburgh 1972.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	32083
Old January 8th 09, 11:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"TacAN" wrote in message
Came across some old Kodak Colour Transparencies.
So armed with my new toy I've started to scan some.
The colours have faded somewhat over last 33 years & have gained a bit of
grime as well, so the quality isn't as good as it might be.

Be warned there's about another 15 or so to come.

Note the control tower is being buzzed by a fleet of UFO's. :-)

For 30+ years, they're in good shape. Amazing, the camouflage on those
UFO's....

Old January 8th 09, 06:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 08:44:50 GMT, "TacAN" wrote:

Came across some old Kodak Colour Transparencies.
So armed with my new toy I've started to scan some.
The colours have faded somewhat over last 33 years & have gained a bit of
grime as well, so the quality isn't as good as it might be.

Be warned there's about another 15 or so to come.

Note the control tower is being buzzed by a fleet of UFO's. :-)

how do you scan a colour slide?

I have a sizeable collection that I'd like to convert as well.
Stealth Pilot
Old January 8th 09, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 08:44:50 GMT, "TacAN" wrote:
how do you scan a colour slide?

I have a sizeable collection that I'd like to convert as well.
Stealth Pilot

Hi Stealth

The model I bought is this one

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/otek...tives-digital/

However the reviews I have read since are not good. It was on special at $99
at the time - down from $150.
It scans 3 colour slides or up to 5 colour negative strips at a time. It
does the job, but there are better (and more well known brands around)

It is worth while shopping around for a better known brand - perhaps one of
these
http://www.superwarehouse.com/Canon_...B002/p/1488400

Prices can vary enormously from around the $100 up to a couple of thousands.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Graham

Old January 8th 09, 10:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"TacAN" wrote in message

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 08:44:50 GMT, "TacAN" wrote:
how do you scan a colour slide?

I have a sizeable collection that I'd like to convert as well.
Stealth Pilot

Hi Stealth

The model I bought is this one

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/otek...tives-digital/

However the reviews I have read since are not good. It was on special at
$99 at the time - down from $150.
It scans 3 colour slides or up to 5 colour negative strips at a time.

Sorry, read that as one colour negative with 5 images.

Graham

Old January 9th 09, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
TacAN

"TacAN" wrote in message

This aircraft lost in New Zealand 25 October 1978 ....

http://www.adf-serials.com/3a8.shtml

Old January 9th 09, 11:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

Stealth Pilot wrote (in part):

how do you scan a colour slide?

I have a sizeable collection that I'd like to convert as well.
Stealth Pilot

Have a look at http://www.ausmedia.com.au/index.htm I have bought a
number of things from them, including slide scanners. The last one I
bought there, about a year ago, was an Epson V500 A4 flatbed with a
good slide and film attachment. It had a good write-up and cost a
bit under $400 including delivery. I see that there is now a V700
which is supposed to be much better, but it costs nearly double ;-(

Good hunting,
Mike

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)