Looking for wing stand for sale..

Old September 29th 15, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for wing stand for sale..

Our DG 300 came with an older, fairly unstable wing stand that I'd like to replace. Anyone have one they want to get rid of? I'm located in upstate NY.
Send info and if possible photo to:
rstutzmann @ gmail.com
Thanks
RJ
Old September 29th 15, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

Home Depot. Werner 4ft aluminum step ladder / $30. Add a gardening knee pad ($5.98) and bungee cord ($1.98) for cushioning.
Old September 30th 15, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey Cox

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Fl...9934/100618242
Old September 30th 15, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I need something like that, only at least 5 feet tall. I'm looking for
a stand for rigging my Pipistrel Sinus rather than a third person to
stand there with the wing on his head. Maybe a step ladder...

--
Dan, 5J

Old September 30th 15, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

I use this one for a wing stand. One layer of foam rubber on the top..It is way better than the cheepo wobbly ones my club provides...

I never understood seeing pilots with $100,000 gliders and a home brew, $5 music stand to hold up the wings???

Oh yeah, odd as it may seem, this wing stand also makes a great out-feed support for my table saw in my shop.

Cookie
Old September 30th 15, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:23:52 PM UTC-7, Casey Cox wrote:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Fl...9934/100618242

That is exactly the same type I use on my DG300 .Carpet with foam pad under, wrapped around the top (don't leave raw edges!)than used a hot melt glue gun securing all at the bottom, 5-10 minute project. Honestly, not only the cheapest but the best I owned.
Old September 30th 15, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Cleveland

Replace or cover the top of this Harbor Freight outfeed stand:

http://www.harborfreight.com/132-lb-...and-68898.html

David
Old September 30th 15, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 4:41:19 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I need something like that, only at least 5 feet tall.* I'm looking
for a stand for rigging my Pipistrel Sinus rather than a third
person to stand there with the wing on his head.* Maybe a step
ladder...

Dan: Regarding the wing stand for the Sinus, you might want to talk to Mark Mocho. Before Mark took over the Wing Rigger business, I did develop a special wing stand and wing rigger specific for the high wings of the Sinus under a contract with the Air Force. The stand came out quite nice but don't expect it to be cheap.

Old October 1st 15, 08:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Am Mittwoch, 30. September 2015 17:07:13 UTC+2 schrieb David Cleveland:
Replace or cover the top of this Harbor Freight outfeed stand:

http://www.harborfreight.com/132-lb-...and-68898.html

David

I have two of them in service since +10 years. Just placed one of these hot water pipe foam insulations on the rolls.

Bert
Ventus cm TW

Wing Stand Jay Allardyce Soaring 7 March 1st 12 03:17 PM
FS: Wings&Wheels Wing Stand James Hamilton[_2_] Soaring 0 September 12th 09 01:15 AM
wing stand kits are sold Doug Turner Soaring 1 November 9th 05 10:01 PM
Ad warning....Wing stand kits for sale Doug Turner Soaring 0 November 8th 05 12:28 AM
Aircraft engine stand for sale "NEW" speakeasy Aviation Marketplace 0 September 12th 05 06:49 AM