Hepl With Medical

Old March 26th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,misc.writing,alt.religion.kibology,alt.slack,rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default Hepl With Medical

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:28:43 -0700, Zapanaz wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:13:26 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Jared writes:

That sounds reasonable, but people with various kinds of mental
illness are not automatically disqualified from driving cars, even if
they've been involuntarily hospitalized.

The medical standards for driving a car are extremely lenient, since so many
people need to drive cars, and since experience has shown that incapacitation
due to medical conditions is rare, even with low medical standards (something
that aviation has not yet acknowledged).

The most common cause of incapacitation in automobile drivers is alcohol
intoxication, and yet, oddly enough, being a user of alcohol does not
disqualify one from driving a car (in fact, it doesn't even disqualify a
person from being a pilot).

It's odd how double standards develop. If you had one seizure when you were
five years old, you may not be able to get a pilot's license, but if you drink
alcohol until you lose consciousness three times a week, that's okay.

Only you can, at least theoretically, schedule when you are going to
drink, but not when you are going to have a seizure. And you are in
fact disqualified from driving when you are drunk.

Making what you are saying fairly asinine.

I never said I had seizures and I have my alcoholism under control. I
haven't has a manic fit in a couple of months...except when I get
violently angry on Usenet
--
Mark inventor/artist/pilot/guitarist/scientist/philosopher/
scratch golfer/cat wrangler and observer of the mundane.
Old April 24th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,misc.writing,alt.religion.kibology,alt.slack,rec.aviation.piloting
Ari[_2_]

wrote:

Jared writes:

[...]

You just keep on truckin' there, Mark(ie).

*lol*

egad!
--
Ari's Fun Times!
http://tr.im/hrFG

Hepl With Medical Mark Piloting 3 April 24th 10 04:10 PM
Hepl With Medical Mark Piloting 0 March 25th 10 04:19 PM
My next medical John Huthmaker Piloting 29 April 5th 06 09:47 PM
Class III medical, Sport Pilot Medical, Crohn's disease [email protected] Piloting 3 August 15th 05 01:44 PM
Help With Medical Problem Identified During Medical Exam pjbphd Piloting 30 September 8th 04 12:59 AM