Trim settings the same for takeoff and landing?

Old April 22nd 10, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Trim settings the same for takeoff and landing?

On Apr 22, 10:22*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
Of course in simulators it will be the same. *He doesnt' fly a plane
where weight and balance issues come to play that affect trim settings
like in my real plane.

Weight and balance issues are correctly simulated for the most part.

And you know this by how?????? What tangible facts can you base this
on your own experiences to know what you say above is true?

My original question concerned the fact that I often find that my trim setting
upon landing is also near the middle of the takeoff range, just as it was for
takeoff. And this seems to happen even though I'm not looking at the trim
indicator as I trim for my stabilized approach. I was just wondering if this
is a coincidence, or something that is more or less to be expected.

You would know the answer as I gave you the answer. Also read the
answers others gave you as they gave you the answers too.

WHY DID YOU ASK THE QUESTION IF YOU FELT MSFS SIMULATION WAS CORRECT
for the most part??? Could it be it there is a high chance it doesn't
reflect real flying??????
Old April 22nd 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Livingston

On Apr 22, 7:35*am, Richard wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:32*am, Mark wrote:
Snippage
*as simulation doesn't really translate to the real world.

Thanks.

---
Mark

Bob Moore
ATP CFII
PanAm (retired)

To quote the bunyip:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah genius, tell that to Boeing, LockMart and nasa to name a few.

Idiot.

NO. You're the idiot. This isn't a NASA newsgroup.

It's recreational piloting. (I know, you're lost) And,
flight simulators don't translate to light sport planes
either.

Your smart-mouth reveals *your* ignorance.
But hey, at least we're talking aviation, unlike
Ari/Jeff Bloss. I take no offense. (because I'm
right)

---
Mark
Old April 22nd 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

writes:

WHY DID YOU ASK THE QUESTION IF YOU FELT MSFS SIMULATION WAS CORRECT
for the most part???

A simulator simulates flight ... it does not explain it.
Old April 22nd 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Livingston

Default Ari Bloss embarasses himself again

People have noticed your obsession with me, and
who do you think looks crazy here?

Actions speak louder than words (or...your lies),
and we see you trapped, chained to your computer,
fixated on "Mark".

You need help Ari Bloss.

Old April 22nd 10, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
george

On Apr 22, 11:10*pm, brian whatcott wrote:
george wrote:
/snip/
I found that I trimmed the aircraft to fly in what ever attitude I
required at that time.
I didn't make a point of examining where the pointer was .

Better check the trim setting before applying power on the takeoff.
As the Vital Actions used to be recited:
* (and are now read out, in some form...)

Trim for takeoff
Throttle nut tight
Mixture rich
Air cold
Prop pitch fine
Fuel on mains
Flaps as required
Harness and Hatches secure
Instruments in limits and set

Quoted from my original message
I found that I trimmed the aircraft to fly in what ever attitude I
required at that time.

I used the TTMPFFIIHHC check list on powered aircraft
CHICHAT or CBSITCB for sailplanes
Old April 23rd 10, 11:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark

On Apr 22, 11:18*pm, Dave Doe wrote:
In article d19343f7-1c71-49ff-b6ec-b847ddf6bad8
@g23g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, says...

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

On Apr 21, 12:44*am, Dave Doe wrote:

So many variables. **Plane* for starters!

Of course in simulators it will be the same. *He doesnt' fly a plane
where weight and balance issues come to play that affect trim settings
like in my real plane.

Ummm, for starters plane comes in lighter after a flight.... *:-)))

One other thing, I wouldn't have my trim set in the same spot on EVERY
flight either :-))) as you allude above, more variables then just set
trim and take off / land.

I found that I trimmed the aircraft to fly in what ever attitude I
required at that time.
I didn't make a point of examining where the pointer was .

Exactly. In one plane I fly, the white line is pretty much
worn off beyond recognition. ( I find it later after landing)

Where do you set it before first T/O ?

--
Duncan.- Hide quoted text -

There is a white line on the wheel, and I set it
even with the indicator arrow, or...at a "neutral"
position. (in other words, no trim)

Mark

Old April 23rd 10, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
a[_3_]

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

Why would you think the take off mark on the trim wheel sets trim to
neutral (whatever that means)? In reality it should configure the
airplane at a reasonable attitude for climb at full throttle with
airspeed somewhere around best angle of climb. I can tell you for
sure in a Mooney if the trim is correct for rotation it is soon going
to be adjusted as airspeed moves up.
Old April 23rd 10, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ari[_2_]

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

*lol*

Because it's Mark(ie) the bi-polar "pilot".
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old April 23rd 10, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

Because I do what my flight instructor tells me, as per
the check list, and we don't set trim until I've achieved
significant altitude.

In reality it should configure the
airplane at a reasonable attitude for climb at full throttle with
airspeed somewhere around best angle of climb.

Which is what we're doing.

I can tell you for
sure in a Mooney if the trim is correct for rotation it is soon going
to be adjusted as airspeed moves up.

Which is exactly what I do, readjust the trim to maintain
straight and level at my desired cruising speed.

---
Mark