Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

Old June 11th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Jun 11, 7:08 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
And just how would you "know" this, simulator boy?

Because I know how the vestibular system works.

No, you don't. If the turn is slow your vestibular system won't
register it at all, it's not a gyro but an accelerometer!

If a turn is coordinated, you don't feel a turn no matter how your
head is oriented.

Not true. If you hold your head normal to the horizon, you should feel the
sideways acceleration in the turn. If you hold it normal to the wings, you'll
feel it as a climb or descent.

Wrong again.

Cheers

Old June 11th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 10, 5:30 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

A lot of my questions remain unanswered. Many pilots don't know as much as
they'd like to believe.

That's because pilots here really don't know much. Yet you continue
to ask.

And if you can discern probable good answers from suspect answers, it
suggests you know what the answer is.

F--

Old June 11th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Jun 11, 9:35 am, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Actually, both you and Moore are correct really :-)) The body should
remain straight and the head should not be "tilted" off the straight
axis, but turning the head to look where you're going is absolutely
correct. Turning the head while remaining straight up in the seat is
not the same thing as bending the body off axis away from the turn
which is I believe the main gist of the original poster's question.

and there I was, talking to the pax, checking the chart and scanning
instruments and the passing real estate.
Lots of head movement and body movement.
This is just another attempt by our pet pillock to sound like a pilot
instaed of a pile-it

Old June 11th 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I can just see him on his ducati trying to find control+alt+delete as he
comes flying over the handlebars over the hood of some SUV

LOL! Been there done that!

Cheers

Old June 11th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

Except it doesn't ...

Why not?
Old June 11th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mxsmanic is a troll writes:

It's truely sad leeching from usenet pilots is your ONLY source
in aviation information ...

I agree.