FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

Old September 18th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

Also states that it is a front lit (reflective ) display.

Bruce

Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Bill,

I just searched the TDS page below looking for any indication that the
screen is sunlight readable and I couldn't find anything. Perhaps I missed
it. What gives you the impression that it is brighter than any other PDA?

Paul Remde

"Greg O'Sullivan" wrote in message
u...
Bill Daniels wrote:

I run free software on a $100 used PDA. My only gripe is that the screen
is too small and dim.

Has anyone tried one of those ruggedized PDAs in the cockpit, like
the TDS Recon. In theory it fixes the too dim problem.

http://www.tdsway.com/products/recon

Old September 18th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303

I researched this on the internet at some length, and there is one
independent review that notes the screen as brighter than ordinary
PDA's. I've never seen any PDA screen specification that tells the
brightness.

My conclusion was without searching one out and comparing it myself it
wasn't worth the risk, too much $$$. Now I'm waiting for SeeYou to
port to WinCE which seems to be the most viable solution to the issue,
and at a very low cost. Say $250 for a device with GPS and then
whatever SeeYou want's for the software, I expect there will be an
upcharge. I'm hoping for January 09.

Old September 22nd 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bill Daniels wrote:

I run free software on a $100 used PDA. My only gripe is that the screen
is too small and dim.

Has anyone tried one of those ruggedized PDAs in the cockpit, like
the TDS Recon. In theory it fixes the too dim problem.

http://www.tdsway.com/products/recon

I spent the last week surveying with Trimble equipment. The screens
were quite visible in direct sunlight when the sun was at my back,
however difficult to read with indirect sunlight or the sun at my face.

Clear Yaw string tape? Bruno Soaring 42 August 30th 13 05:56 PM
Clear Air Turbolance Dutch Aviation Photos 1 May 3rd 07 05:31 PM
"Clear Prop!" in Mandarin Darkstar Piloting 18 November 25th 04 09:09 PM
when does a "remain clear" instruction end? Arden Prinz Piloting 171 March 2nd 04 12:26 AM
This post will clear a lot of things up Jack White Military Aviation 0 September 14th 03 10:52 AM