A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 6th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 37
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

We have one remaing "First Flight " early release CLEARNAV system for
sale. Unit is ready to ship .
contact :
Ads
  #2  
Old September 7th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AK
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 95
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

On Sep 6, 7:35*am, wrote:
We have one remaing "First Flight " early release CLEARNAV system *for
sale. Unit is ready to ship .
contact :


I would be first to buy if the instrument supported Borgelt varios.
  #3  
Old September 7th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 117
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

On Sep 7, 4:46*am, AK wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:35*am, wrote:

We have one remaing "First Flight " early release CLEARNAV system *for
sale. Unit is ready to ship .
contact :


I would be first to buy if the instrument supported Borgelt varios.


Al,

The Craggy Aero Ultimate supports Borgelt Varios, B50, B500, CAI 302,
LX1600, or any NMEA GPS. Software WinPilot PRO or ADV.

Larger Screen , 4 times the resolution VGA, more processing power,
brighter adjustable display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

Shipping in October 2008.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
  #4  
Old September 11th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,565
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

On Sep 7, 6:47*am, Richard wrote:
The Craggy Aero Ultimate supports Borgelt Varios, B50, B500, *CAI 302,
LX1600, *or any NMEA GPS. *Software WinPilot PRO or ADV.

Larger Screen , 4 times the resolution VGA, more processing power,
brighter adjustable display.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm

Shipping in October 2008.


The fact that it is intended to support see you mobile is a major plus
as far as I'm concerned. The SeeYou team has a good history of
supporting their software and for being open to user suggestions.
Will that also be available in October? Will users be able to load
software updates obtained directly from the See You web site?

Andy
  #5  
Old September 11th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 117
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

On Sep 10, 4:46*pm, Andy wrote:
On Sep 7, 6:47*am, Richard wrote:

The Craggy Aero Ultimate supports Borgelt Varios, B50, B500, *CAI 302,
LX1600, *or any NMEA GPS. *Software WinPilot PRO or ADV.


Larger Screen , 4 times the resolution VGA, more processing power,
brighter adjustable display.


http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm


Shipping in October 2008.


The fact that it is intended to support see you mobile is a major plus
as far as I'm concerned. *The SeeYou team has a good history of
supporting their software and for being open to user suggestions.
Will that also be available in October? Will users be able to load
software updates obtained directly from the See You web site?

Andy


Naviter has said they will support the Ultimate Platform, but have not
give a date. It will be a new software package specific to the
Ulitimate operating system. Current users probalby will not be able
to transfer their license. I believe users will be able to update
from the SeeYou site or my web site.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
  #6  
Old September 11th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 687
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

So, Richard, what operating system does it use? I'm presuming is isn't
"Windows Vista Ultimate" due to the hardware requirements for Vista. Google
doesn't turn up any other "Ultimate Operating System".

FWIW, Winpilot at one time (and maybe still) delivered a fully functional
Win32 version along with the PDA version. GPS_LOG Win CE does this too.
All you need to run the Win32 versions is a computer with an X86 compatible
processor running some version of the Windows OS.

I often run GPS_LOG in one window on my desktop and SeeYou or Condor in
another. I use a loopback serial cable to transfer NMEA data from SeeYor or
Condor from Com1 to Com2 where GPS_LOG picks it up and displays it. It's a
great way to learn PDA software.

Bill D


"Richard" wrote in message
...
On Sep 10, 4:46 pm, Andy wrote:
On Sep 7, 6:47 am, Richard wrote:

The Craggy Aero Ultimate supports Borgelt Varios, B50, B500, CAI 302,
LX1600, or any NMEA GPS. Software WinPilot PRO or ADV.


Larger Screen , 4 times the resolution VGA, more processing power,
brighter adjustable display.


http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm


Shipping in October 2008.


The fact that it is intended to support see you mobile is a major plus
as far as I'm concerned. The SeeYou team has a good history of
supporting their software and for being open to user suggestions.
Will that also be available in October? Will users be able to load
software updates obtained directly from the See You web site?

Andy


Naviter has said they will support the Ultimate Platform, but have not
give a date. It will be a new software package specific to the
Ulitimate operating system. Current users probalby will not be able
to transfer their license. I believe users will be able to update
from the SeeYou site or my web site.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com


  #7  
Old September 11th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 44
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

I tried to buy a clearnav but missed it. I'm not sure it was the right
choice, as both it and the UP will require blocking other instruments
as they are really too big for most glider panels. I was hoping to rig
up some sort of flip-away mount, but recently I've come to suspect
that other options will become available in the near future.
  #8  
Old September 11th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,403
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV


Several of these devices you see coming out run Windows CE, from which
Windows Mobile is based. There is a fairly large market for Windows CE
based controllers/display nits for point of sale and similar
applications from which the ClearNav and presumably this one are
based. And leveraging existing technology is a good thing. Porting
Windows Mobile based applications like WinPilot and SeeYou Mobile to
these devices should be relatively easy.


Darryl

On Sep 10, 7:44*pm, "Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote:
So, Richard, what operating system does it use? *I'm presuming is isn't
"Windows Vista Ultimate" due to the hardware requirements for Vista. *Google
doesn't turn up any other "Ultimate Operating System".

FWIW, Winpilot at one time (and maybe still) delivered a fully functional
Win32 version along with the PDA version. *GPS_LOG Win CE does this too..
All you need to run the Win32 versions is a computer with an X86 compatible
processor running some version of the Windows OS.

I often run GPS_LOG in one window on my desktop and SeeYou or Condor in
another. *I use a loopback serial cable to transfer NMEA data from SeeYor or
Condor from Com1 to Com2 where GPS_LOG picks it up and displays it. *It's a
great way to learn PDA software.

Bill D

"Richard" wrote in message

...
On Sep 10, 4:46 pm, Andy wrote:



On Sep 7, 6:47 am, Richard wrote:


The Craggy Aero Ultimate supports Borgelt Varios, B50, B500, CAI 302,
LX1600, or any NMEA GPS. Software WinPilot PRO or ADV.


Larger Screen , 4 times the resolution VGA, more processing power,
brighter adjustable display.


http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm


Shipping in October 2008.


The fact that it is intended to support see you mobile is a major plus
as far as I'm concerned. The SeeYou team has a good history of
supporting their software and for being open to user suggestions.
Will that also be available in October? Will users be able to load
software updates obtained directly from the See You web site?


Andy


Naviter has said they will support the Ultimate Platform, but have not
give a date. * It will be a new software package specific to the
Ulitimate operating system. * Current users probalby will not be able
to transfer their license. *I believe users will be able to update
from the SeeYou site or my web site.

Thanks for your interest.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com


  #9  
Old September 11th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 44
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

Yes Darryl, that is exactly what I am thinking. The PDA's shortcoming
(small dim screens) which derive from the concept of something that
fits in your pocket and runs on batteries is being replaced by ever
more powerful auto GPS devices with larger and brighter screens
running Windows CE. Andrej Kolar has indicated that at some point
SeeYou Mobile will run on some or all of these, but not when. There
will be positives and negatives to this. A positive will be low cost;
one nice example costs $200 with built-in GPS. However, getting an
approved IGC file out of it will probably never happen. The clearnav
and UP seem like really nice gear for those who have the money and the
panel space, but perhaps other options will become available.


On Sep 10, 7:57*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
Several of these devices you see coming out run Windows CE, from which
Windows Mobile is based. There is a fairly large market for Windows CE
based controllers/display nits for point of sale and similar
applications from which the ClearNav and presumably this one are
based. And leveraging existing technology is a good thing. Porting
Windows Mobile based applications like WinPilot and SeeYou Mobile to
these devices should be relatively easy.

Darryl


  #10  
Old September 11th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 117
Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

On Sep 10, 7:57*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
Several of these devices you see coming out run Windows CE, from which
Windows Mobile is based. There is a fairly large market for Windows CE
based controllers/display nits for point of sale and similar
applications from which the ClearNav and presumably this one are
based. And leveraging existing technology is a good thing. Porting
Windows Mobile based applications like WinPilot and SeeYou Mobile to
these devices should be relatively easy.

Darryl

On Sep 10, 7:44*pm, "Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote:



So, Richard, what operating system does it use? *I'm presuming is isn't
"Windows Vista Ultimate" due to the hardware requirements for Vista. *Google
doesn't turn up any other "Ultimate Operating System".


FWIW, Winpilot at one time (and maybe still) delivered a fully functional
Win32 version along with the PDA version. *GPS_LOG Win CE does this too.
All you need to run the Win32 versions is a computer with an X86 compatible
processor running some version of the Windows OS.


I often run GPS_LOG in one window on my desktop and SeeYou or Condor in
another. *I use a loopback serial cable to transfer NMEA data from SeeYor or
Condor from Com1 to Com2 where GPS_LOG picks it up and displays it. *It's a
great way to learn PDA software.


Bill D


"Richard" wrote in message


...
On Sep 10, 4:46 pm, Andy wrote:


On Sep 7, 6:47 am, Richard wrote:


The Craggy Aero Ultimate supports Borgelt Varios, B50, B500, CAI 302,
LX1600, or any NMEA GPS. Software WinPilot PRO or ADV.


Larger Screen , 4 times the resolution VGA, more processing power,
brighter adjustable display.


http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimate.htm


Shipping in October 2008.


The fact that it is intended to support see you mobile is a major plus
as far as I'm concerned. The SeeYou team has a good history of
supporting their software and for being open to user suggestions.
Will that also be available in October? Will users be able to load
software updates obtained directly from the See You web site?


Andy


Naviter has said they will support the Ultimate Platform, but have not
give a date. * It will be a new software package specific to the
Ulitimate operating system. * Current users probalby will not be able
to transfer their license. *I believe users will be able to update
from the SeeYou site or my web site.


Thanks for your interest.


Richardwww.craggyaero.com- Hide quoted text -


- Show quoted text -


Daryll,

The Craggy Ultimate uses a windows CE operating system.
Unfortunately Porting
Windows Mobile based applications like WinPilot and SeeYou Mobile to
these devices is not relatively easy. I have this feedback from both
WinPilot and Naviter.


Richard
www.craggyaero.com
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clear Yaw string tape? Bruno Soaring 42 August 30th 13 05:56 PM
Clear Air Turbolance Dutch Aviation Photos 1 May 3rd 07 05:31 PM
"Clear Prop!" in Mandarin Darkstar Piloting 18 November 25th 04 10:09 PM
when does a "remain clear" instruction end? Arden Prinz Piloting 171 March 2nd 04 01:26 AM
This post will clear a lot of things up Jack White Military Aviation 0 September 14th 03 10:52 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.