Split pictures

Old September 4th 13, 07:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

Default Split pictures

I can't see the whole of the spilt pictures, only the first part sometimes.

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my news reader. Does anyone know how to
fix this?

Here's a whole picture to be getting on with.

--
Peter

Old September 4th 13, 10:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo[_3_] ®i©ardo[_3_] is offline
Banned

On 04/09/2013 07:55, Ramsman wrote:
I can't see the whole of the spilt pictures, only the first part sometimes.

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my news reader. Does anyone know how to
fix this?

Here's a whole picture to be getting on with.

I do love that colour scheme!

Ri©ardo

PS I also use Thunderbird and have the same problem.

--
Moving Things in Still Pictures!
Old September 4th 13, 03:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

On 04/09/2013 10:31, ®i©ardo wrote:
On 04/09/2013 07:55, Ramsman wrote:
I can't see the whole of the spilt pictures, only the first part
sometimes.

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my news reader. Does anyone know how to
fix this?

Here's a whole picture to be getting on with.

I do love that colour scheme!

Ri©ardo

PS I also use Thunderbird and have the same problem.

Apologies for not checking the pixel size before posting. Here's a
smaller version that doesn't show the lack of sharpness so much!
Kemble, 19 June 2011.

--
Peter

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0995B.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	65645
Old September 4th 13, 03:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Claus Gustafsen

I use Windows Live Mail and have the same "problem". When pictures are split
they apper several times with (1/2) and (2/2) following. Then I tag both and
press Combine again and then they appear complete. My bid is that Mozilla
has a simular feature.

Claus

Old September 4th 13, 05:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

On 04/09/2013 10:01, Dave Kearton wrote:
"Ramsman" wrote in message
news
I can't see the whole of the spilt pictures, only the first part
sometimes.

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my news reader. Does anyone know how to
fix this?

Here's a whole picture to be getting on with.

--
Peter

There's not a whole lot you can do at your end if you don't get all of
the parts. If you get 1 and 3, but 2 is missing, then for all intents
and porpoises, you're SOL.

The problem isn't that parts are missing, so much as there being
separate parts to start with. I could see the first half of the B-47
RATO picture, but the lower part, in a separate e-mail, was just a long
string of characters. Both parts of the Mainstay arrived, but I couldn't
see anything, not even strings.

The issue is exclusively with the original poster's news server.
Somewhere in the bowels of it's settings, there's a maximum allowed
message size that probably hasn't been updated since Al Gore invented
the Internet. When velociraptors used dial-up, this was a
reasonable precaution, such that that if a large message failed to
download (at say 90%) wouldn't mean that you had to start again and
download all of the the same bytes a second time.

It's a matter of trial and error at the poster's end, to adjust the
message size, to keep making them larger and larger until you hit the
unspoken limit and your messages just disappear.

--
Peter
Old September 4th 13, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard[_8_]

On 9/4/2013 9:34 AM, Claus Gustafsen wrote:
I use Windows Live Mail and have the same "problem". When pictures are
split they apper several times with (1/2) and (2/2) following. Then I
tag both and press Combine again and then they appear complete. My bid
is that Mozilla has a simular feature.

Claus

"Ramsman" skrev i meddelelsen news
I can't see the whole of the spilt pictures, only the first part sometimes.

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my news reader. Does anyone know how to
fix this?

Here's a whole picture to be getting on with.

Thank you from the simple little people.

Unfortunately, Mozilla doesn't.
Nor any plug-ins for that.

Nor does it directly support yENC.
(written from Thunderbird anyway)
Old September 4th 13, 07:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

Richard wrote in

Unfortunately, Mozilla doesn't.
Nor any plug-ins for that.

Nor does it directly support yENC.
(written from Thunderbird anyway)

XNews does ,
Old September 4th 13, 08:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo[_3_] ®i©ardo[_3_] is offline
Banned

On 04/09/2013 19:22, John Szalay wrote:
Richard wrote in

Unfortunately, Mozilla doesn't.
Nor any plug-ins for that.

Nor does it directly support yENC.
(written from Thunderbird anyway)

XNews does ,

And does XNews work with Windows 7 64 bit?

--
Moving Things in Still Pictures!
Old September 4th 13, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jess Lurkin[_6_]

®i©ardo wrote in
:

On 04/09/2013 19:22, John Szalay wrote:
Richard wrote in

Unfortunately, Mozilla doesn't.
Nor any plug-ins for that.

Nor does it directly support yENC.
(written from Thunderbird anyway)

XNews does ,

And does XNews work with Windows 7 64 bit?

Yes.

Let browsers be browsers, word processors be word
processors and news proggies be news proggies. I've
used Xnews in nearly a dozen platforms. About to start
using it on Win8

That's all I'm saying. I've been lurking in here for
around twenty years and used to see this come up about
once a year. Granted, it has been closer to three. But it
always devolves into a argument. Then the hurt feelings.
Yadda yadda yadda...
Old September 4th 13, 10:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo[_3_] ®i©ardo[_3_] is offline
Banned

On 04/09/2013 20:55, Jess Lurkin wrote:
®i©ardo wrote in
:

On 04/09/2013 19:22, John Szalay wrote:
Richard wrote in

Unfortunately, Mozilla doesn't.
Nor any plug-ins for that.

Nor does it directly support yENC.
(written from Thunderbird anyway)

XNews does ,

And does XNews work with Windows 7 64 bit?

Yes.

Let browsers be browsers, word processors be word
processors and news proggies be news proggies. I've
used Xnews in nearly a dozen platforms. About to start
using it on Win8

That's all I'm saying. I've been lurking in here for
around twenty years and used to see this come up about
once a year. Granted, it has been closer to three. But it
always devolves into a argument. Then the hurt feelings.
Yadda yadda yadda...

Thank you Jess, the information is much appreciated.

Ri©ardo

--
Moving Things in Still Pictures!