Performance Comparison Sheet

Old November 30th 04, 04:02 PM
Ed Baker

Default Performance Comparison Sheet

I'm looking for a spreadsheet (or formulas) that would let me do a
"what if" calculation of aircraft performance when the current
performance, and specs, of an aircraft is known.

For example, if I had an airplane with a stall speed of 45mph, wing
span of 30 feet, cruise speed of 110 ... take off distance, rate of
climb, etc. What would happen if the wingspan were reduced or
increased, horse power reduced or increased and things like that.

Any ideas ???
Old November 30th 04, 09:16 PM
Jan Carlsson

Hi

With my propeller program comes a sophisticated but easy to use performance
program. but it is not for free.
a propeller program is useless without a performance program and vise versa.

Jan Carlsson
www.jcpropellerdesign.com

om...

Old December 1st 04, 03:50 AM
Ed Baker

Thanks for responding Jan.

Believe me when I say I don't want to start a "flame war" with what
I'm about to say. But, I think a price of $125.00 is more than a
person with my requirements for analysis would want to spend.

I looked at your website, and I think your program looks tremendous
for a person that would like to custom desing a propellor.

However, I think my needs could be answered with a simpler, and less
expensive, software tool.

Old December 1st 04, 05:52 AM

Try looking at Chris Heintz's design college:
http://www.zenithair.com/kit-data/ht.html

Heintz is the designer of the Zenith CH701, CH801, CH601 and CH640
aircraft and at the above URL he presents a series of articles. The
one of most interest to you (I think) would be "Aircraft Design Made
Easy":
http://www.zenithair.com/kit-data/ch...-simple-p1.pdf

This looks simple enough to put into a spreadsheet.

HTH,
Ross

On 30 Nov 2004 08:02:56 -0800, (Ed Baker) wrote:

I'm looking for a spreadsheet (or formulas) that would let me do a
"what if" calculation of aircraft performance when the current
performance, and specs, of an aircraft is known.

SNIP
Old December 1st 04, 09:10 AM
Jan Carlsson

Ed,

Yes you are absolutely right, my propeller program is made for making
propellers, $125 is a lot if you just want to play around, but for those who
want to make or even buy an propeller the sum is saved in material/work or
buying/sending back unsuitable propellers.
It is used by homebuilders, kitmakers and propeller makers around the globe.

you can try this: not very user friendly but anyway

http://www.eaa.org/benefits/sportavi...ceEstimate.xls

Old December 2nd 04, 02:14 AM
M Kennedy

There's a free spreadsheet at http://www.aircraftdesign.com/sadfh.html (the