GTX 327 serial input?

Old December 17th 05, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default GTX 327 serial input?

Help - anybody out there experienced using the serial (not gray code)
encoder inputs on a Garmin GTX 327? My manual (revision J) shows the
first "RS-232 in" connection on Pin 19, in most places in the manual.
But on on the encoder hook up chart (chart 2.6.2.1, page 15) it shows
Pin 19 to be the SECOND RS-232 and pin 2 to be the first. Which info
is correct?

I'm gonna have enough trouble with those gosh darned pin connections as
it is. Anybody with experience who can save me doing it twice -
particulary since I'm trying to do this over the weekend - I owe you an
airport coffee.

Mike

Old December 19th 05, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

They are both correct. The 327 has multiple RS232 channels. I don't
remenber which one I used. Just go slow...those pins are a lot easier to
put in than to extract.

Mike
MU-2

ups.com...

missing serial port Fred Blair Soaring 9 November 3rd 04 04:24 PM
Aux. Audio Input Eugene Wendland Home Built 1 April 5th 04 04:16 AM
12 Volt DC input Battery Charger Michael I Green Soaring 2 March 15th 04 02:52 AM
12 Volt DC input Battery Charger Michael I Green Soaring 5 March 14th 04 08:41 AM
B29 tail serial number Tarakan WW2 Joanne Smedley Military Aviation 6 August 13th 03 02:11 PM