Wanted: Used Flarmview Display

Old July 2nd 19, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Used Flarmview Display

Greetings,

I’m tasked with keeping an eye on the Flarms which are installed in our club’s gliders. The club opted to install FlarmLED displays, which function fine in the air, but it makes it difficult to check configurations and software version etc. If anyone has a used Flarmview they would be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark
Old July 2nd 19, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 6:54:11 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Greetings,

I’m tasked with keeping an eye on the Flarms which are installed in our club’s gliders. The club opted to install FlarmLED displays, which function fine in the air, but it makes it difficult to check configurations and software version etc. If anyone has a used Flarmview they would be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

I have a one year old AIR AVIONICS TRAFFIC display that does not fit in my new glider. By far my favorite display for traffic.
Old July 2nd 19, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:28:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 6:54:11 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Greetings,

I’m tasked with keeping an eye on the Flarms which are installed in our club’s gliders. The club opted to install FlarmLED displays, which function fine in the air, but it makes it difficult to check configurations and software version etc. If anyone has a used Flarmview they would be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

I have a one year old AIR AVIONICS TRAFFIC display that does not fit in my new glider. By far my favorite display for traffic.

Be aware that this traffic display will not work with polarized sunglasses.... Bought it and returned it.
Old July 2nd 19, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 4:54:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Greetings,

I’m tasked with keeping an eye on the Flarms which are installed in our club’s gliders. The club opted to install FlarmLED displays, which function fine in the air, but it makes it difficult to check configurations and software version etc. If anyone has a used Flarmview they would be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

I have one I will part with for $100 plus postage. email matt (at) digital shorts (dot) com

Located in California

Matt
Old July 3rd 19, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

I thought pilots were not allowed to use polarized glasses. At least that is what my faa examiner told me.
Old July 3rd 19, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I never heard that before.....and I also fly power....
Old July 3rd 19, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 7:34:46 AM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
I thought pilots were not allowed to use polarized glasses. At least that is what my faa examiner told me.

Show me the regulation.
It is common knowledge that polarized glasses may affect viewing of some instruments.
I have been using polarized sun glasses for more than 40 years with only a rare instrument being an issue.
The improved visibility would make me remove the instrument before I give up the improved vision.
UH
Old July 3rd 19, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

I thought pilots were not allowed to use polarized glasses. At least that
is what my faa examiner told me.

Thanks for the chuckle. Your FAA examiner was a funny guy. Did he also say,
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help"?

I hope he also gave you a piece of paper documenting you passed whatever test
he administered you...or what he said about your test results carried as much
weight as did his above alleged comment. :-)

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old July 3rd 19, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Reid

The FAA does not prohibit polarized sunglasses, but it recommends against them. Not only do polarized sunglasses affect the visibility of some instruments, they can cause blind spots through aircraft windows and glider canopies. You can see this effect by either tilting your head at different angles while looking out of the canopy, or remove your polarized sunglasses and rotate them as you look through the canopy. You'll probably find that there are areas where the canopy goes dark.

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/pi...sunglasses.pdf

https://www.randolphusa.com/blog/can...ed-sunglasses/

Mike
Old July 3rd 19, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 6:54:11 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Greetings,

I’m tasked with keeping an eye on the Flarms which are installed in our club’s gliders. The club opted to install FlarmLED displays, which function fine in the air, but it makes it difficult to check configurations and software version etc. If anyone has a used Flarmview they would be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark - Do you want something like the round FLARMView 57 that fits in an instrument hole or the smaller rectangular FLARMView 2? Both will do what you need - read the configs, code, etc.

http://cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm#LXNAV-FlarmView57
http://cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm#LXNAV-FlarmView2