Parowan 2nd Contest Day 6-21

Old June 22nd 04, 04:23 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Parowan 2nd Contest Day 6-21

This day, will be remembered by many. Charlie and the advisors just let
everyone call thier first turn as all classes got a MAT of 3 hrs. The sky was
covered with high clouds, but X reported 11 thousand so launch was started.
Well, Mr. Big Bumper came cruising in from the west towards Cedar City. About
, well, alot didn't make it home, some got airtows, others used the trailer and
the buy dinner thing. Launch came Starts happened, gee, relights happened,
but some did get the mileage and speed. P7 and RW did really well in 15 Meter.
Standards got a big toss up with IT now winning the day.. We are waiting for
more sports class guys to show back up as some top names didn't get back. Yours
truly ridge soared for about 45 minutes till the massive cloud drifted east,
then went out in the sun where lift started again and then add mileage and
speed. Never have I flew so long for so little to be really happy to get home.
Whew, others did the same with RW hanging on one valley over and not being able
to clear the ridge top. for almost a hour. Those that flew the task in sports
class, hmmmm, I see speeds of 24 mph in the lead right now. IT looks to be in
1st place in Standard. P7 is in first place in 15 Meter. The front has gone
thur, so the next few days look really good. Tonight, at dinner, we had a live
Golden Eagle who was on show with his Master. This was something to see. Fly
safe, Thermal tight, Soar high. # 711 reporting.